The importance of eating rice: changing food habits among pregnant Indonesian women during the economic crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Manderson, Lenore, 1987. "Hot-cold food and medical theories: Overview and introduction," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 329-330, January.
- Anderson, E. N., 1987. "Why is humoral medicine so popular?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 331-337, January.
- Geissler, P. W. & Prince, R. J. & Levene, M. & Poda, C. & Beckerleg, S. E. & Mutemi, W. & Shulman, C. E., 1999. "Perceptions of soil-eating and anaemia among pregnant women on the Kenyan coast," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1069-1079, April.
- Laderman, Carol, 1984. "Food ideology and eating behavior: Contributions from Malay studies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 547-559, January.
- Hartini, T. N. S. & Winkvist, A. & Lindholm, L. & Stenlund, H. & Surjono, A. & Hakimi, M., 2002. "Energy intake during economic crisis depends on initial wealth and access to rice fields: the case of pregnant Indonesian women," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 57-71, July.
- Gittelsohn, Joel & Thapa, Meera & Landman, Laura T., 1997. "Cultural factors, caloric intake and micronutrient sufficiency in rural Nepali households," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1739-1749, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hadley, Craig & Linzer, Drew A. & Belachew, Tefera & Mariam, Abebe Gebre & Tessema, Fasil & Lindstrom, David, 2011. "Household capacities, vulnerabilities and food insecurity: Shifts in food insecurity in urban and rural Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(10), pages 1534-1542.
More about this item
KeywordsFood taboo Rice Pregnancy Economic crisis Indonesia Qualitative research;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:61:y:2005:i:1:p:199-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.