What causes sustainable changes in hygiene behaviour? A cross-sectional study from Kerala, India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCauley, Ann P. & West, Sheila & Lynch, Matthew, 1992. "Household decisions among the Gogo people of Tanzania: Determining the roles of men, women and the community in implementing a trachoma prevention program," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 817-824, April.
- Waterkeyn, Juliet & Cairncross, Sandy, 2005. "Creating demand for sanitation and hygiene through Community Health Clubs: A cost-effective intervention in two districts in Zimbabwe," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 1958-1970, November.
- Curtis, Valerie & Kanki, Bernadette & Mertens, Thierry & Traore, Etienne & Diallo, Ibrahim & Tall, François & Cousens, Simon, 1995. "Potties, pits and pipes: Explaining hygiene behaviour in Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 383-393, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge M. Agüero & Trinidad Beleche, 2016. "Health Shocks and the Long-Lasting Change in Health Behaviors: Evidence from Mexico," Working papers 2016-26, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Aunger, Robert & Schmidt, Wolf-Peter & Ranpura, Ashish & Coombes, Yolande & Maina, Peninnah Mukiri & Matiko, Carol Nkatha & Curtis, Valerie, 2010. "Three kinds of psychological determinants for hand-washing behaviour in Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 383-391, February.
- Bennett, D. & Naqvi, S.A.A. & Schmidt, W-P., 2014. "Learning, Hygiene, and Traditional Medicine," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 14/25, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Nauges, Céline & Van Den Berg, Caroline, 2009. "Perception of Health Risk and Averting Behavior: An Analysis of Household Water Consumption in Southwest Sri Lanka," TSE Working Papers 09-139, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Meredith, Jennifer & Robinson, Jonathan & Walker, Sarah & Wydick, Bruce, 2013.
"Keeping the doctor away: Experimental evidence on investment in preventative health products,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 196-210.
- Jennifer M. Meredith & Jonathan Robinson & Sarah Walker & Bruce Wydick, 2013. "Keeping the Doctor Away: Experimental Evidence on Investment in Preventative Health Products," NBER Working Papers 19312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose C. & Galdo, Virgilio, 2014. "Preventing dengue through mobile phones: Evidence from a field experiment in Peru," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 147-161.
- McMichael, Celia & Robinson, Priscilla, 2016. "Drivers of sustained hygiene behaviour change: A case study from mid-western Nepal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 28-36.
- Whittington, Dale & Jeuland, Marc & Barker, Kate & Yuen, Yvonne, 2012. "Setting Priorities, Targeting Subsidies among Water, Sanitation, and Preventive Health Interventions in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1546-1568.
- Briscoe, Ciara & Aboud, Frances, 2012. "Behaviour change communication targeting four health behaviours in developing countries: A review of change techniques," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(4), pages 612-621.
More about this item
KeywordsHandwashing Health education Hygiene promotion India Pocket voting Sustainability Gender differences;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:61:y:2005:i:10:p:2212-2220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .