Additional law enforcement as a deterrent to criminal behavior: empirical evidence from the National Hockey League
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 34 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary S. Becker & George J. Stigler, 1974. "Law Enforcement, Malfeasance, and Compensation of Enforcers," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, January.
- J. Jones & S. Nadeau & W. Walsh, 1997. "The wages of sin: Employment and salary effects of violence in the national hockey league," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(2), pages 191-206, June.
- W. David Allen, 2002. "Crime, Punishment, and Recidivism," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(1), pages 39-60, February.
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-65, May-June.
- Morgan Kelly, 2000.
"Inequality and crime,"
Open Access publications
10197/523, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Craig A. Depken, Ii & Dennis P. Wilson, 2004. "Wherein Lies the Benefit of the Second Referee in the NHL?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 51-72, 02.
- Gary S. Becker, 1968.
"Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 169.
- Ross Cressman & Jean-Francois Wen & William Morrison, 1998. "On the Evolutionary Dynamics of Crime," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(5), pages 1101-1117, November.
- Benson, B.L. & Kim, I. & Rasmussen, D.W., 1992. "Estimating Deterrence Effects: A Public Choice Perspective on the Economics of Crime Literature," Working Papers 1992_12_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- McCormick, Robert E & Tollison, Robert D, 1984. "Crime on the Court," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 223-35, April.
- Viren, Matti, 1994. "A test of an economics of crime model," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 363-370, September.
- Cameron, Samuel, 1988. "The Economics of Crime Deterrence: A Survey of Theory and Evidence," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 301-23.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:34:y:2005:i:3:p:319-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.