Adam Smith and Musgrave's concept of merit good
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pazner, Elisha A, 1972. "Merit Wants and the Theory of Taxation," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 27(4), pages 460-472.
- Roskamp, Karl W, 1975. "Public Goods, Merit Goods, Private Goods, Pareto Optimum, and Social Optimum," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 30(1), pages 61-69.
- Besley, Timothy, 1988. "A simple model for merit good arguments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 371-383, April.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1983. "Ex Post Welfare Economics and the Theory of Merit Goods," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 19-33, February.
- Godwin, R. Kenneth, 1991. "Charges for Merit Goods: Third World Family Planning," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 415-429, October.
- Musgrave, Richard A, 1971. "Provision for Social Goods in the Market System," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 26(2), pages 304-320.
- Feehan, James P., 1990. "A simple model for merit good arguments : A comment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 127-129, October.
- Wenzel, H -Dieter & Wiegard, Wolfgang, 1981. "Merit Goods and Second-Best Taxation," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 36(1), pages 125-140.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rauschmayer, Felix, 2003. "Integrated assessment of biological invasions," UFZ Discussion Papers 1/2003, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Gisela Di Meglio, 2013. "The place of ServPPINs in the range of public–private collaboration arrangements for services provision," Chapters, in: Faïz Gallouj & Luis Rubalcaba & Paul Windrum (ed.),Public–Private Innovation Networks in Services, chapter 3, pages 59-87, Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:31:y:2003:i:6:p:701-720. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.