Who was informative? Performance of foreign and local analysts’ stock recommendations during the Asian financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F., 1992. "The prediction of stock returns using financial statement information," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2-3), pages 373-411, August.
- Womack, Kent L, 1996. " Do Brokerage Analysts' Recommendations Have Investment Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 137-167, March.
- Kim, Jeong-Bon & Krinsky, Itzhak & Lee, Jason, 1995. "The aftermarket performance of initial public offerings in Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 429-448, December.
- Chang, Charles, 2010. "Information footholds: Isolating local presence as a factor in analyst performance and trading," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1094-1107, October.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Kim, Woojin, 2006. "Value of analyst recommendations: International evidence," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 274-309, August.
- Sullivan, Michael J. & Unite, Angelo A., 2001. "The influence of group affiliation and the underwriting process on emerging market IPOs: The case of the Philippines," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 487-512, November.
- Li, Donghui & Moshirian, Fariborz & Nguyen, Pascal & Tan, Li-Wen, 2007. "Managerial ownership and firm performance: Evidence from China's privatizations," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 396-413, September.
- Leuz, Christian & Nanda, Dhananjay & Wysocki, Peter D., 2003. "Earnings management and investor protection: an international comparison," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 505-527, September.
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Stulz, René M. & Tan, Hongping, 2008.
"Do local analysts know more? A cross-country study of the performance of local analysts and foreign analysts,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 581-606, June.
- Kee-Hong Bae & Rene M. Stulz & Hongping Tan, 2005. "Do Local Analysts Know More? A Cross-Country Study of the Performance of Local Analysts and Foreign Analysts," NBER Working Papers 11697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Stulz, Rene M. & Tan, Hongping, 2006. "Do Local Analysts Know More? A Cross-Country Study of the Performance of Local Analysts and Foreign Analysts," Working Paper Series 2005-18, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2002. "Did the Asian financial crisis scare foreign investors out of Japan?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 411-442, September.
- Joshua D. Coval & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 2001. "The Geography of Investment: Informed Trading and Asset Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(4), pages 811-841, August.
- Lai, Sandy & Teo, Melvyn, 2008. "Home-Biased Analysts in Emerging Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(03), pages 685-716, September.
- Higgins, Huong Ngo, 2002. "Analysts' forecasts of Japanese firms' earnings: additional evidence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 371-394.
- Christopher J. Malloy, 2005. "The Geography of Equity Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(2), pages 719-755, April.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 2000. "The separation of ownership and control in East Asian Corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 81-112.
More about this item
KeywordsAsian financial crisis; Analyst recommendations; Foreign analysts; Local analysts; Performance; Information advantage;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:29:y:2013:i:c:p:61-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.