Barriers of commercial power generation using biomass gasification gas: A review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anis, Samsudin & Zainal, Z.A., 2011. "Tar reduction in biomass producer gas via mechanical, catalytic and thermal methods: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 2355-2377, June.
- Luo, Siyi & Liu, Chang & Xiao, Bo & Xiao, Lei, 2011. "A novel biomass pulverization technology," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 578-582.
- Cocco, Daniele & Deiana, Paolo & Cau, Giorgio, 2006. "Performance evaluation of small size externally fired gas turbine (EFGT) power plants integrated with direct biomass dryers," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1459-1471.
- Singh, Jasvinder & Gu, Sai, 2010. "Biomass conversion to energy in India--A critique," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1367-1378, June.
- Ekholm, Tommi & Krey, Volker & Pachauri, Shonali & Riahi, Keywan, 2010. "Determinants of household energy consumption in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5696-5707, October.
- Čuček, Lidija & Varbanov, Petar Sabev & Klemeš, Jiří Jaromír & Kravanja, Zdravko, 2012. "Total footprints-based multi-criteria optimisation of regional biomass energy supply chains," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 135-145.
- Ngo, Son Ich & Nguyen, Thanh D.B. & Lim, Young-Il & Song, Byung-Ho & Lee, Uen-Do & Choi, Young-Tai & Song, Jae-Hun, 2011. "Performance evaluation for dual circulating fluidized-bed steam gasifier of biomass using quasi-equilibrium three-stage gasification model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 5208-5220.
- van Dyken, Silke & Bakken, Bjorn H. & Skjelbred, Hans I., 2010. "Linear mixed-integer models for biomass supply chains with transport, storage and processing," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1338-1350.
- Velázquez-Martí, B. & Fernández-González, E. & López-Cortés, I. & Salazar-Hernández, D.M., 2011. "Quantification of the residual biomass obtained from pruning of trees in Mediterranean almond groves," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 621-626.
- Chen, Wei & Annamalai, Kalyan & Ansley, R. James & Mirik, Mustafa, 2012. "Updraft fixed bed gasification of mesquite and juniper wood samples," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 454-461.
- Chen, Longjian & Xing, Li & Han, Lujia, 2009. "Renewable energy from agro-residues in China: Solid biofuels and biomass briquetting technology," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2689-2695, December.
- Pellegrini, Luiz Felipe & de Oliveira Júnior, Silvio & Burbano, Juan Carlos, 2010. "Supercritical steam cycles and biomass integrated gasification combined cycles for sugarcane mills," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1172-1180.
- Datta, Amitava & Ganguly, Ranjan & Sarkar, Luna, 2010. "Energy and exergy analyses of an externally fired gas turbine (EFGT) cycle integrated with biomass gasifier for distributed power generation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 341-350.
- Tembo, Gelson & Epplin, Francis M. & Huhnke, Raymond L., 2003. "Integrative Investment Appraisal of a Lignocellulosic Biomass-to-Ethanol Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 1-23, December.
- Zhao, Zhen-yu & Yan, Hong, 2012. "Assessment of the biomass power generation industry in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 53-60.
- Emami Taba, Leila & Irfan, Muhammad Faisal & Wan Daud, Wan Ashri Mohd & Chakrabarti, Mohammed Harun, 2012. "The effect of temperature on various parameters in coal, biomass and CO-gasification: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5584-5596.
- Buragohain, Buljit & Mahanta, Pinakeswar & Moholkar, Vijayanand S., 2010. "Thermodynamic optimization of biomass gasification for decentralized power generation and Fischer–Tropsch synthesis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 2557-2579.
- Martínez, Juan Daniel & Mahkamov, Khamid & Andrade, Rubenildo V. & Silva Lora, Electo E., 2012. "Syngas production in downdraft biomass gasifiers and its application using internal combustion engines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-9.
- Fan, Kang-Qi & Zhang, Peng-Fei & Pei, Z.J., 2013. "An assessment model for collecting and transporting cellulosic biomass," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 786-794.
- Chiang, Kung-Yuh & Chien, Kuang-Li & Lu, Cheng-Han, 2012. "Characterization and comparison of biomass produced from various sources: Suggestions for selection of pretreatment technologies in biomass-to-energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 164-171.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sansaniwal, S.K. & Rosen, M.A. & Tyagi, S.K., 2017. "Global challenges in the sustainable development of biomass gasification: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 23-43.
- Ud Din, Zia & Zainal, Z.A., 2016. "Biomass integrated gasification–SOFC systems: Technology overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1356-1376.
- Ba, Birome Holo & Prins, Christian & Prodhon, Caroline, 2016. "Models for optimization and performance evaluation of biomass supply chains: An Operations Research perspective," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(P2), pages 977-989.
- Ud Din, Zia & Zainal, Z.A., 2017. "The fate of SOFC anodes under biomass producer gas contaminants," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1050-1066.
- De Meyer, Annelies & Cattrysse, Dirk & Rasinmäki, Jussi & Van Orshoven, Jos, 2014. "Methods to optimise the design and management of biomass-for-bioenergy supply chains: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 657-670.
- Liu, Liwei & Ye, Junhong & Zhao, Yufei & Zhao, Erdong, 2015. "The plight of the biomass power generation industry in China – A supply chain risk perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 680-692.
- Loha, Chanchal & Chattopadhyay, Himadri & Chatterjee, Pradip K., 2011. "Thermodynamic analysis of hydrogen rich synthetic gas generation from fluidized bed gasification of rice husk," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4063-4071.
- Suopajärvi, Hannu & Pongrácz, Eva & Fabritius, Timo, 2013. "The potential of using biomass-based reducing agents in the blast furnace: A review of thermochemical conversion technologies and assessments related to sustainability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 511-528.
- Samiran, Nor Afzanizam & Jaafar, Mohammad Nazri Mohd & Ng, Jo-Han & Lam, Su Shiung & Chong, Cheng Tung, 2016. "Progress in biomass gasification technique – With focus on Malaysian palm biomass for syngas production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1047-1062.
- Saeed Soltani & Hassan Athari & Marc A. Rosen & Seyed Mohammad Seyed Mahmoudi & Tatiana Morosuk, 2015. "Thermodynamic Analyses of Biomass Gasification Integrated Externally Fired, Post-Firing and Dual-Fuel Combined Cycles," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-15, January.
- Bhutto, Abdul Waheed & Bazmi, Aqeel Ahmed & Zahedi, Gholamreza, 2011. "Greener energy: Issues and challenges for Pakistan--Biomass energy prospective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 3207-3219, August.
- David Vera & Francisco Jurado & Bárbara de Mena & Jesús C. Hernández, 2019. "A Distributed Generation Hybrid System for Electric Energy Boosting Fueled with Olive Industry Wastes," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-18, February.
- Guan, Guoqing & Kaewpanha, Malinee & Hao, Xiaogang & Abudula, Abuliti, 2016. "Catalytic steam reforming of biomass tar: Prospects and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 450-461.
- Luis Puigjaner & Mar Pérez-Fortes & José M. Laínez-Aguirre, 2015. "Towards a Carbon-Neutral Energy Sector: Opportunities and Challenges of Coordinated Bioenergy Supply Chains-A PSE Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-48, June.
- Vera, D. & Jurado, F. & de Mena, B. & Schories, G., 2011. "Comparison between externally fired gas turbine and gasifier-gas turbine system for the olive oil industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 6720-6730.
- Gojiya, Anil & Deb, Dipankar & Iyer, Kannan K.R., 2019. "Feasibility study of power generation from agricultural residue in comparison with soil incorporation of residue," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 416-425.
- Ma, Zhongqing & Zhang, Yimeng & Zhang, Qisheng & Qu, Yongbiao & Zhou, Jianbin & Qin, Hengfei, 2012. "Design and experimental investigation of a 190 kWe biomass fixed bed gasification and polygeneration pilot plant using a double air stage downdraft approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 140-147.
- Bhattacharya, Abhishek & Manna, Dulal & Paul, Bireswar & Datta, Amitava, 2011. "Biomass integrated gasification combined cycle power generation with supplementary biomass firing: Energy and exergy based performance analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 2599-2610.
- Hiloidhari, Moonmoon & Das, Dhiman & Baruah, D.C., 2014. "Bioenergy potential from crop residue biomass in India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 504-512.
- Pereira, Emanuele Graciosa & da Silva, Jadir Nogueira & de Oliveira, Jofran L. & Machado, Cássio S., 2012. "Sustainable energy: A review of gasification technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4753-4762.
More about this item
KeywordsSupply chain management; Biomass pretreatment; Gasification; Gas cleaning; Electricity generation; Tar reforming;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:29:y:2014:i:c:p:201-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.