A review of solar energy modeling techniques
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benghanem, M., 2011. "Optimization of tilt angle for solar panel: Case study for Madinah, Saudi Arabia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1427-1433, April.
- Alam, Shah & Kaushik, S.C. & Garg, S.N., 2006. "Computation of beam solar radiation at normal incidence using artificial neural network," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1483-1491.
- Zarzalejo, Luis F. & Ramirez, Lourdes & Polo, Jesus, 2005. "Artificial intelligence techniques applied to hourly global irradiance estimation from satellite-derived cloud index," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1685-1697.
- Al-Alawi, S.M. & Al-Hinai, H.A., 1998. "An ANN-based approach for predicting global radiation in locations with no direct measurement instrumentation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 199-204.
- Bakirci, Kadir, 2009. "Models of solar radiation with hours of bright sunshine: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2580-2588, December.
- Yohanna, Jonathan K. & Itodo, Isaac N. & Umogbai, Victor I., 2011. "A model for determining the global solar radiation for Makurdi, Nigeria," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1989-1992.
- Sözen, Adnan & Arcaklioglu, Erol & Özalp, Mehmet & Kanit, E. Galip, 2004. "Use of artificial neural networks for mapping of solar potential in Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 273-286, March.
- Elminir, Hamdy K. & Azzam, Yosry A. & Younes, Farag I., 2007. "Prediction of hourly and daily diffuse fraction using neural network, as compared to linear regression models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1513-1523.
- Topçu, S. & Dİlmaç, S. & Aslan, Z., 1995. "Study of hourly solar radiation data in Istanbul," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 171-174.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- Sopian, Kamaruzzaman & Othman, Mohd.Yusof Hj., 1992. "Estimates of monthly average daily global solar radiation in Malaysia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 319-325.
- Kacira, Murat & Simsek, Mehmet & Babur, Yunus & Demirkol, Sedat, 2004. "Determining optimum tilt angles and orientations of photovoltaic panels in Sanliurfa, Turkey," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1265-1275.
- Tang, Runsheng & Wu, Tong, 2004. "Optimal tilt-angles for solar collectors used in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 239-248, November.
- Yakup, Mohd Azmi bin Hj Mohd & Malik, A.Q, 2001. "Optimum tilt angle and orientation for solar collector in Brunei Darussalam," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 223-234.
- Dorvlo, Atsu S. S. & Jervase, Joseph A. & Al-Lawati, Ali, 2002. "Solar radiation estimation using artificial neural networks," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(4), pages 307-319, April.
- Shariah, Adnan & Al-Akhras, M-Ali & Al-Omari, I.A., 2002. "Optimizing the tilt angle of solar collectors," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 587-598.
- Ghosh, H.R. & Bhowmik, N.C. & Hussain, M., 2010. "Determining seasonal optimum tilt angles, solar radiations on variously oriented, single and double axis tracking surfaces at Dhaka," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1292-1297.
- Mellit, A. & Kalogirou, S.A. & Shaari, S. & Salhi, H. & Hadj Arab, A., 2008. "Methodology for predicting sequences of mean monthly clearness index and daily solar radiation data in remote areas: Application for sizing a stand-alone PV system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1570-1590.
- Li, Huashan & Ma, Weibin & Wang, Xianlong & Lian, Yongwang, 2011. "Estimating monthly average daily diffuse solar radiation with multiple predictors: A case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1944-1948.
- Janjai, S. & Praditwong, P. & Moonin, C., 1996. "A new model for computing monthly average daily diffuse radiation for Bangkok," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1283-1286.
- Fadare, D.A., 2009. "Modelling of solar energy potential in Nigeria using an artificial neural network model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1410-1422, September.
- Mohandes, M. & Rehman, S. & Halawani, T.O., 1998. "Estimation of global solar radiation using artificial neural networks," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 179-184.
- Trabea, A.A, 2000. "Analysis of solar radiation measurements at Al-Arish area, North Sinai, Egypt," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 109-125.
- Benghanem, Mohamed & Mellit, Adel, 2010. "Radial Basis Function Network-based prediction of global solar radiation data: Application for sizing of a stand-alone photovoltaic system at Al-Madinah, Saudi Arabia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3751-3762.
- El-Sebaii, A.A. & Al-Hazmi, F.S. & Al-Ghamdi, A.A. & Yaghmour, S.J., 2010. "Global, direct and diffuse solar radiation on horizontal and tilted surfaces in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 568-576, February.
- Chineke, Theo Chidiezie, 2008. "Equations for estimating global solar radiation in data sparse regions," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 827-831.
More about this item
KeywordsSolar energy; Solar radiation; Modeling; ANN;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:16:y:2012:i:5:p:2864-2869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.