Tidal resource extraction in the Pentland Firth, UK: Potential impacts on flow regime and sediment transport in the Inner Sound of Stroma
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Neill, Simon P. & Jordan, James R. & Couch, Scott J., 2012. "Impact of tidal energy converter (TEC) arrays on the dynamics of headland sand banks," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 387-397.
- Neill, Simon P. & Litt, Emmer J. & Couch, Scott J. & Davies, Alan G., 2009. "The impact of tidal stream turbines on large-scale sediment dynamics," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2803-2812.
- Draper, Scott & Adcock, Thomas A.A. & Borthwick, Alistair G.L. & Houlsby, Guy T., 2014. "Estimate of the tidal stream power resource of the Pentland Firth," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 650-657.
- Ahmadian, Reza & Falconer, Roger & Bockelmann-Evans, Bettina, 2012. "Far-field modelling of the hydro-environmental impact of tidal stream turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 107-116.
- Funke, S.W. & Farrell, P.E. & Piggott, M.D., 2014. "Tidal turbine array optimisation using the adjoint approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 658-673.
- Shields, Mark A. & Dillon, Lora Jane & Woolf, David K. & Ford, Alex T., 2009. "Strategic priorities for assessing ecological impacts of marine renewable energy devices in the Pentland Firth (Scotland, UK)," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 635-642, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Deng, Guizhong & Zhang, Zhaoru & Li, Ye & Liu, Hailong & Xu, Wentao & Pan, Yulin, 2020. "Prospective of development of large-scale tidal current turbine array: An example numerical investigation of Zhejiang, China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 264(C).
- Nash, S. & Phoenix, A., 2017. "A review of the current understanding of the hydro-environmental impacts of energy removal by tidal turbines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 648-662.
- Laws, Nicholas D. & Epps, Brenden P., 2016. "Hydrokinetic energy conversion: Technology, research, and outlook," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1245-1259.
- Fairley, I. & Masters, I. & Karunarathna, H., 2015. "The cumulative impact of tidal stream turbine arrays on sediment transport in the Pentland Firth," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 755-769.
- Philip A. Gillibrand & Roy A. Walters & Jason McIlvenny, 2016. "Numerical Simulations of the Effects of a Tidal Turbine Array on Near-Bed Velocity and Local Bed Shear Stress," Energies, MDPI, vol. 9(10), pages 1-22, October.
- Bonar, Paul A.J. & Bryden, Ian G. & Borthwick, Alistair G.L., 2015. "Social and ecological impacts of marine energy development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 486-495.
- Lilia Flores Mateos & Michael Hartnett, 2020. "Hydrodynamic Effects of Tidal-Stream Power Extraction for Varying Turbine Operating Conditions," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(12), pages 1-23, June.
- du Feu, R.J. & Funke, S.W. & Kramer, S.C. & Hill, J. & Piggott, M.D., 2019. "The trade-off between tidal-turbine array yield and environmental impact: A habitat suitability modelling approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 390-403.
- Fairley, I. & Ahmadian, R. & Falconer, R.A. & Willis, M.R. & Masters, I., 2014. "The effects of a Severn Barrage on wave conditions in the Bristol Channel," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 428-442.
- Segura, E. & Morales, R. & Somolinos, J.A., 2018. "A strategic analysis of tidal current energy conversion systems in the European Union," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 527-551.
- Robins, Peter E. & Neill, Simon P. & Lewis, Matt J., 2014. "Impact of tidal-stream arrays in relation to the natural variability of sedimentary processes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 311-321.
- Roche, R.C. & Walker-Springett, K. & Robins, P.E. & Jones, J. & Veneruso, G. & Whitton, T.A. & Piano, M. & Ward, S.L. & Duce, C.E. & Waggitt, J.J. & Walker-Springett, G.R. & Neill, S.P. & Lewis, M.J. , 2016. "Research priorities for assessing potential impacts of emerging marine renewable energy technologies: Insights from developments in Wales (UK)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 1327-1341.
- Lewis, M. & Neill, S.P. & Robins, P.E. & Hashemi, M.R., 2015. "Resource assessment for future generations of tidal-stream energy arrays," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 403-415.
- Marta-Almeida, Martinho & Cirano, Mauro & Guedes Soares, Carlos & Lessa, Guilherme C., 2017. "A numerical tidal stream energy assessment study for Baía de Todos os Santos, Brazil," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 271-287.
- Iglesias, G. & Carballo, R., 2014. "Wave farm impact: The role of farm-to-coast distance," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 375-385.
- Sánchez, M. & Carballo, R. & Ramos, V. & Iglesias, G., 2014. "Tidal stream energy impact on the transient and residual flow in an estuary: A 3D analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 167-177.
- Adcock, Thomas A.A. & Draper, Scott, 2014. "Power extraction from tidal channels – Multiple tidal constituents, compound tides and overtides," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 797-806.
- Fallon, D. & Hartnett, M. & Olbert, A. & Nash, S., 2014. "The effects of array configuration on the hydro-environmental impacts of tidal turbines," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 10-25.
- De Dominicis, Michela & O'Hara Murray, Rory & Wolf, Judith, 2017. "Multi-scale ocean response to a large tidal stream turbine array," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(PB), pages 1160-1179.
- Heath, Jason E. & Jensen, Richard P. & Weller, Sam D. & Hardwick, Jon & Roberts, Jesse D. & Johanning, Lars, 2017. "Applicability of geotechnical approaches and constitutive models for foundation analysis of marine renewable energy arrays," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 191-204.
More about this item
KeywordsTidal energy; Modelling; Pentland Firth; Finite element;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:76:y:2015:i:c:p:596-607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.