Rather bait than switch : Deceptive advertising with bounded consumer rationality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nagler Matthew G., 2007.
"Understanding the Internet's Relevance to Media Ownership Policy: A Model of Too Many Choices,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-28, June.
- Nagler, Matthew, 2006. "Understanding the Internet's relevance to media ownership policy: a model of too many choices," MPRA Paper 2180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Praveen K. Kopalle & João L. Assunção, 2000. "When (not) to indulge in 'puffery': the role of consumer expectations and brand goodwill in determining advertised and actual product quality," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 223-241.
- Nir, A., 2004. "A Behavioral Model of Conumption Patterns : The Effects of Cognitive Dissonance and Conformity," Discussion Paper 2004-48, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Nir, A., 2004. "Cognitive Procedures and Hyperbolic Discounting," Discussion Paper 2004-47, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:32:y:2015:i:3:p:251-262 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nagler, Matthew G. & Kronenberg, Fredi & Kennelly, Edward J. & Jiang, Bei & Ma, Chunhui, 2010. "The use of indicators for unobservable product qualities: inferences based on consumer sorting," MPRA Paper 28409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lamprinakis, Lampros & Fulton, Murray E., 2006. "Cognitive Dissonance and Customer Allegiance in a Mixed Oligopoly," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21228, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Praveen K. Kopalle & Donald R. Lehmann, 2006. "Setting Quality Expectations When Entering a Market: What Should the Promise Be?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(1), pages 8-24, 01-02.
- Daniel W. Elfenbein & Raymond Fisman & Brian McManus, 2018. "Does Cheap Talk Affect Market Outcomes? Evidence from eBay," NBER Working Papers 24437, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:51:y:1993:i:3:p:359-378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.