The payback method of investment appraisal: A review and synthesis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schall, Lawrence D & Sundem, Gary L & Geijsbeek, William R, Jr, 1978. "Survey and Analysis of Capital Budgeting Methods," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 281-287, March.
- Petry, Glenn H., 1975. "Effective use of capital budgeting tools," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 57-65, October.
- Klammer, Thomas, 1972. "Empirical Evidence of the Adoption of Sophisticated Capital Budgeting Techniques," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 387-397, July.
- Petry, Glenn H., 1975. "Effective use of capital budgeting tools," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 57-65, October.
- Chaney, Paul K, 1989. "Moral Hazard and Capital Budgeting," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 113-128, Summer.
- Bessant, John & Haywood, Bill, 1986. "Flexibility in manufacturing systems," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 465-473.
- Byrne, R. & Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Kortanek, K., 1967. "A Chance-Constrained Approach to Capital Budgeting with Portfolio Type Payback and Liquidity Constraints and Horizon Posture Controls," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 339-364, December.
- Narayanan, M P, 1985. "Observability and the Payback Criterion," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3), pages 309-323, July.
- Scott, David F, Jr & Petty, J William, II, 1984. "Capital Budgeting Practices in Large American Firms: A Retrospective Analysis and Synthesis," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 19(1), pages 111-123, March.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Runyon, L. R., 1983. "Capital expenditure decision making in small firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 389-397, September.
- Myron J. Gordon, 1955. "The Payoff Period and the Rate of Profit," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28, pages 253-253.
- Sundem, Gary L, 1975. "Evaluating Capital Budgeting Models in Simulated Environments," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(4), pages 977-992, September.
- Remer, Donald S. & Stokdyk, Scott B. & Van Driel, Mike, 1993. "Survey of project evaluation techniques currently used in industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 103-115, August.
- Stanley, Marjorie T & Block, Stanley B, 1984. "A Survey of Multinational Capital Budgeting," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 19(1), pages 36-54, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:44:y:1996:i:3:p:207-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.