Evaluating the robustness of lead time demand models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Katrien Ramaekers & Gerrit K. Janssens, 2008. "On the choice of a demand distribution for inventory management models," European Journal of Industrial Engineering, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 479-491.
- Heuts, R.M.J. & van Lieshout, J.T.H.C. & Baken, K., 1986. "An inventory model : What is the influence of the shape of the lead time demand distribution?," Research Memorandum FEW 205, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eliezer Naddor, 1978. "Note--Sensitivity to Distributions in Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(16), pages 1769-1772, December.
- L W G Strijbosch & R M J Heuts & E H M van der Schoot, 2000.
"A combined forecast—inventory control procedure for spare parts,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society,
Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 51(10), pages 1184-1192, October.
- Heuts, R.M.J. & Strijbosch, L.W.G. & van der Schoot, E.H.M., 1999. "A Combined Forecast-Inventory Control Procedure for Spare Parts," Research Memorandum 772, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Tadikamalla, Pandu R, 1984. "A comparison of several approximations to the lead time demand distribution," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 575-581.
- Teunter, Ruud & Dekker, Rommert, 2008. "An easy derivation of the order level optimality condition for inventory systems with backordering," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 201-204, July.
- Shore, Haim, 1999. "Optimal solutions for stochastic inventory models when the lead-time demand distribution is partially specified," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-3), pages 477-485, March.
- Leven, Erik & Segerstedt, Anders, 2004. "Inventory control with a modified Croston procedure and Erlang distribution," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 361-367, August.
- Bartezzaghi, Emilio & Verganti, Roberto & Zotteri, Giulio, 1999. "Measuring the impact of asymmetric demand distributions on inventories," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 395-404, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cobb, Barry R. & Johnson, Alan W. & Rumí, Rafael & Salmerón, Antonio, 2015. "Accurate lead time demand modeling and optimal inventory policies in continuous review systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 124-136.
- Parsa, Payam & Rossetti, Manuel D. & Zhang, Shengfan & Pohl, Edward A., 2017. "Quantifying the benefits of continuous replenishment program for partner evaluation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 229-245.
- Mekhtiev, Mirza Arif, 2013. "Analytical evaluation of lead-time demand in polytree supply chains with uncertain demand, lead-time and inter-demand time," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 304-317.
More about this item
KeywordsLead time demand distribution Distribution selection rule Highly variable demand Re-order point re-order quantity policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:134:y:2011:i:1:p:159-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.