Similarity coefficient methods applied to the cell formation problem: A taxonomy and review
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ben-Arieh, David & Sreenivasan, Ravi, 1999. "Information analysis in a distributed dynamic group technology method," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 427-432, April.
- Mehrez, Abraham & Rabinowitz, GAD & Reisman, Arnold, 1988. "A conceptual scheme of knowledge systems for MS/OR," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 421-428.
- Balakrishnan, Jaydeep & Cheng, Chun Hung, 1998. "Dynamic layout algorithms: a state-of-the-art survey," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 507-521, August.
- Selvam, R. Panneer & Balasubramanian, K. N., 1985. "Algorithmic grouping of operation sequences," Engineering Costs and Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1-3), pages 125-134, April.
- Shafer, S. M. & Meredith, J. R. & Marsh, R. F., 1995. "A taxonomy for alternative equipment groupings in batch environments," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 361-376, August.
- Mosier, Charles & Taube, Larry, 1985. "Weighted similarity measure heuristics for the group technology machine clustering problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 577-579.
- Solimanpur, M. & Vrat, Prem & Shankar, Ravi, 2004. "A heuristic to minimize makespan of cell scheduling problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 231-241, April.
- Singh, N., 1993. "Design of cellular manufacturing systems: An invited review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 284-291, September.
- Offodile, O Felix, 1993. "Machine grouping in cellular manufacturing," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 35-52, January.
- Chow, Wing S. & Hawaleshka, Ostap, 1993. "A novel machine grouping and knowledge-based approach for cellular manufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 357-372, September.
- Chu, C-H, 1989. "Cluster analysis in manufacturing cellular formation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 289-295.
- Kulkarni, Uday R. & Kiang, Melody Y., 1995. "Dynamic grouping of parts in flexible manufacturing systems -- a self-organizing neural networks approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 192-212, July.
- Kaparthi, Shashidhar & Suresh, Nallan C. & Cerveny, Robert P., 1993. "An improved neural network leader algorithm for part-machine grouping in group technology," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 342-356, September.
- Mosier, Charles & Taube, Larry, 1985. "The facets of group technology and their impacts on implementation--A state-of-the-art survey," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 381-391.
- Kusiak, Andrew & Heragu, Sunderesh S., 1987. "The facility layout problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 229-251, June.
- Mosier, C. T. & Yelle, J. & Walker, G., 1997. "Survey of similarity coefficient based methods as applied to the group technology configuration problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 65-79, February.
- Kang, Sung-Lyong & Wemmerlov, Urban, 1993. "A work load-oriented heuristic methodology for manufacturing cell formation allowing reallocation of operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 292-311, September.
- Brian Everitt, 1980. "Cluster analysis," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 75-100, January.
- Shambu, Girish & Suresh, Nallan C., 2000. "Performance of hybrid cellular manufacturing systems: A computer simulation investigation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 436-458, January.
- Kitaoka, Masatoshi & Nakamura, Rui & Serizawa, Seiichi & Usuki, Jun, 1999. "Multivariate analysis model for machine-part cell formation problem in group technology," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 433-438, April.
- Lashkari, R. S. & Boparai, R. & Paulo, J., 2004. "Towards an integrated model of operation allocation and material handling selection in cellular manufacturing systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 115-139, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:101:y:2006:i:2:p:329-352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.