An investigation into the extent of beta instability in the Singapore stock market
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Benson, P. George, 1982. "More on Beta as a Random Coefficient," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 27-36, March.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1971. "On the Assessment of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 1-10, March.
- R. D. Brooks & R. W. Faff & M. A. M. Gangemi & J. H. H. Lee, 1997. "A further examination of the effect of diversification on the stability of portfolio betas," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 9-14.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Lee, John H. H., 1994.
"Beta stability and portfolio formation,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 463-479, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- James Ohlson and Barr Rosenberg., 1978.
"Systematic Risk of the CRSP Equal- Weighted Common Stock Index: A History Estimated by Stochastic- Parameter Regression,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
71, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ohlson, James & Rosenberg, Barr, 1982. "Systematic Risk of the CRSP Equal-weighted Common Stock Index: A History Estimated by Stochastic-Parameter Regression," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 121-45, January.
- Bos, T & Newbold, P, 1984. "An Empirical Investigation of the Possibility of Stochastic Systematic Risk in the Market Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 35-41, January.
- Collins, Daniel W & Ledolter, Johannes & Rayburn, Judy Dawson, 1987. "Some Further Evidence on the Stochastic Properties of Systematic Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 425-48, July.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-94, September.
- Fabozzi, Frank J. & Francis, Jack Clark, 1978. "Beta as a Random Coefficient," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 101-116, March.
- Faff, R. & Brooks, R., 1996. "Further Evidence on the Relationship between Beta Stability and the length of the Estimation Period," Papers 96-10, Melbourne - Centre in Finance.
- Simonds, Richard R. & LaMotte, Lynn Roy & McWhorter, Archer, 1986. "Testing for Nonstationarity of Market Risk: An Exact Test and Power Considerations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 209-220, June.
- Sunder, Shyam, 1980. " Stationarity of Market Risk: Random Coefficients Tests for Individual Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(4), pages 883-96, September.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "Betas and Their Regression Tendencies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 785-95, June.
- Chen, Son-Nan & Keown, Arthur J, 1981. "Risk Decomposition and Portfolio Diversification When Beta Is Nonstationary: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 941-47, September.
- Brooks, Robert D & Faff, Robert W, 1995.
"Financial Market Deregulation and Bank Risk: Testing for Beta Instability,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(65), pages 180-99, December.
- Brooks, R. & Faff, R., 1995. "Financial Market Deregulation and Bank Risk: Testing for Beta Instability," Papers 95-3, Melbourne - Centre in Finance.
- Fowler, David J. & Rorke, C. Harvey, 1983. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading : Comment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 279-283, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:6:y:1998:i:1-2:p:87-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.