The underinvestment hypothesis and off-balance sheet direct credit substitutes
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James, Christopher, 1988. "The use of loan sales and standby letters of credit by commercial banks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 395-422.
- Hogan, W P & Sharpe, Ian G, 1990. "Prudential Supervision of Australian Banks," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 66(193), pages 127-145, June.
- Christopher James, 1987. "Off-balance sheet banking," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 21-36.
- Warren P. Hogan & Ian G. Sharpe, 1990. "Risk-Based Capital Adequacy of Australian Banks," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 15(1), pages 177-201, June.
- Brewer, Elijah III & Koppenhaver, G. D., 1992. "The impact of standby letters of credit on bank risk: A note," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 1037-1046, December.
- Robert B. Avery & Allen N. Berger, 1988. "Risk-based capital and off-balance sheet activities," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- Pennacchi, George G, 1988.
" Loan Sales and the Cost of Bank Capital,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 375-396, June.
- George Pennacchi, "undated". "Loan Sales and the Cost of Bank Capital," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 7-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- George Pennacchi, "undated". "Loan Sales and the Cost of Bank Capital," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 07-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- Cook, Douglas O & Spellman, Lewis J, 1994. "Repudiation Risk and Restitution Costs: Toward Understanding Premiums on Insured Deposits," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 439-459, August.
- Warren P. Hogan & Ian G. Sharpe, 1988. "Supervision Of Bank Exit: A Note," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 7(2), pages 71-77, 06.
- Christine A. Pavel & David Phillis, 1987. "Why commercial banks sell loans: an empirical analysis," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue May, pages 3-14.
- Christopher M. James, 1987. "Off-balance sheet banking," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue sep18.
- Stulz, ReneM. & Johnson, Herb, 1985. "An analysis of secured debt," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 501-521, December.
- Lawrence M. Benveniste & Allen N. Berger, 1986. "An empirical analysis of standby letters of credit," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 85, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Timothy H. Hannan & Gerald A. Hanweck, 1986.
"Bank insolvency risk and the market for large certificates of deposit,"
Working Papers in Banking, Finance and Microeconomics
86-1, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hannan, Timothy H & Hanweck, Gerald A, 1988. "Bank Insolvency Risk and the Market for Large Certificates of Deposit," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 203-211, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:5:y:1997:i:3:p:325-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.