The [alpha]-serial cost-sharing rule
In this paper we present a family of cost-sharing rules for cost-sharing problems. Each rule in this family can be seen as a combination of the serial cost-sharing rule (Moulin and Shenker, 1992) and the dual serial cost-sharing rule (Albizuri and Zarzuelo, 2007). The parameter [alpha] determines how this combination is obtained. We also provide an axiomatization of this family by using a weaker axiom than the well-known Independence of higher demands axiom (Moulin and Shenker, 1992).
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leroux, Justin, 2005. "Strategyproof Profit Sharing: A Two-Agent Characterization," Working Papers 2005-04, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Stef Tijs & Maurice Koster, 1998. "General aggregation of demandand cost sharing methods," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 84(0), pages 137-164, December.
- Moulin, Herve & Shenker, Scott, 1992. "Serial Cost Sharing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(5), pages 1009-1037, September.
- Albizuri, M. Josune & Zarzuelo, Jose M., 2007. "The dual serial cost-sharing rule," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 150-163, March.
- Leroux, Justin, 2005. "Strategyproof Profit Sharing in Partnerships: Improving upon Autarky," Working Papers 2005-05, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Angeles de Frutos, M., 1998. "Decreasing Serial Cost Sharing under Economies of Scale," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 245-275, April.
- Tijs, S.H. & Koster, M.A.L., 1998. "General aggregation of demand and cost sharing methods," Other publications TiSEM 43bb1596-ff5b-4567-a25f-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.