The fundamental theorem of asset pricing in the presence of bid-ask and interest rate spreads
Abstract We establish the fundamental theorem of asset pricing to a model with proportional transaction costs on trading in shares and different interest rates for borrowing and lending of cash. We show that such a model is free of arbitrage if and only if one can embed in it a friction-free model that is itself free of arbitrage, i.e. if there exists an artificial friction-free price for the stock between its bid and ask prices and an artificial interest rate between the borrowing and lending interest rates such that, if one discounts this stock price by this interest rate, then the resulting process is a martingale under some equivalent probability measure.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5647 is not listed on IDEAS
- Napp, C., 2003. "The Dalang-Morton-Willinger theorem under cone constraints," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 111-126, February.
- M. Dempster & I. Evstigneev & M. Taksar, 2006. "Asset Pricing and Hedging in Financial Markets with Transaction Costs: An Approach Based on the Von Neumann–Gale Model," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 327-355, October.
- Xiaotie Deng & Chunlei Xu & Shunming Zhang, 2000.
"Dynamic Arbitrage-free Asset Pricing with Proportional Transaction Costs,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
200013, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Shunming Zhang & Chunlei Xu & Xiaotie Deng, 2002. "Dynamic Arbitrage-Free Asset Pricing with Proportional Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 89-97.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- (**), Christophe Stricker & (*), Miklós Rásonyi & Yuri Kabanov, 2002. "No-arbitrage criteria for financial markets with efficient friction," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 371-382.
- Kabanov, Yu. M. & Stricker, Ch., 2001. "The Harrison-Pliska arbitrage pricing theorem under transaction costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 185-196, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5630 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:crs:wpaper:9514 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jaksa Cvitanić & Ioannis Karatzas, 1996. "HEDGING AND PORTFOLIO OPTIMIZATION UNDER TRANSACTION COSTS: A MARTINGALE APPROACH-super-2," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 133-165.
- Pham, Huyen & Touzi, Nizar, 1999. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing with cone constraints," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 265-279, March.
- repec:crs:wpaper:9513 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:47:y:2011:i:2:p:159-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.