The fundamental theorem of asset pricing in the presence of bid-ask and interest rate spreads
Abstract We establish the fundamental theorem of asset pricing to a model with proportional transaction costs on trading in shares and different interest rates for borrowing and lending of cash. We show that such a model is free of arbitrage if and only if one can embed in it a friction-free model that is itself free of arbitrage, i.e. if there exists an artificial friction-free price for the stock between its bid and ask prices and an artificial interest rate between the borrowing and lending interest rates such that, if one discounts this stock price by this interest rate, then the resulting process is a martingale under some equivalent probability measure.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kabanov, Yu. M. & Stricker, Ch., 2001. "The Harrison-Pliska arbitrage pricing theorem under transaction costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 185-196, April.
- Napp, C., 2003. "The Dalang-Morton-Willinger theorem under cone constraints," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 111-126, February.
- Kallal, Hedi & Jouini, Elyès, 1995. "Martingales and arbitrage in securities markets with transaction costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5630, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:fth:inseep:9513 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xiaotie Deng & Chunlei Xu & Shunming Zhang, 2000.
"Dynamic Arbitrage-free Asset Pricing with Proportional Transaction Costs,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
200013, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Shunming Zhang & Chunlei Xu & Xiaotie Deng, 2002. "Dynamic Arbitrage-Free Asset Pricing with Proportional Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 89-97.
- Pham, Huyen & Touzi, Nizar, 1999. "The fundamental theorem of asset pricing with cone constraints," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 265-279, March.
- Jaksa Cvitanić & Ioannis Karatzas, 1996. "HEDGING AND PORTFOLIO OPTIMIZATION UNDER TRANSACTION COSTS: A MARTINGALE APPROACH-super-2," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 133-165.
- repec:fth:inseep:9514 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jouini, Elyès & Kallal, Hedi, 1995. "Arbitrage in securities markets with short-sales constraints," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5647, Paris Dauphine University.
- M. Dempster & I. Evstigneev & M. Taksar, 2006.
"Asset Pricing and Hedging in Financial Markets with Transaction Costs: An Approach Based on the Von Neumann–Gale Model,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 327-355, October.
- M A H Dempster & I V Evstigneev & M I Taksar, 2005. "Asset pricing and hedging in financial markets with transaction costs: an approach based on the von Neumann-Gale model," Working Papers 062005, University of Cambridge, Judge Business School, Centre for Financial Research.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- (**), Christophe Stricker & (*), Miklós Rásonyi & Yuri Kabanov, 2002. "No-arbitrage criteria for financial markets with efficient friction," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 371-382.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:47:y:2011:i:2:p:159-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.