Extreme points of two digraph polytopes: Description and applications in economics and game theory
In this paper, we introduce two polytopes that respect a digraph in the sense that for every vector in the polytope every component corresponds to a node and is at least equal to the component corresponding to each successor of this node. The sharing polytope is the set of all elements from the unit simplex that respect the digraph. The fuzzy polytope is the set of all elements of the unit cube respecting the digraph. The main results are characterizations of the extreme points of the above described two digraph polytopes. We also give an economic application of the result on the sharing polytope and a game-theoretical application for the fuzzy polytope.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gilles, Robert P & Owen, Guillermo & van den Brink, Rene, 1992.
"Games with Permission Structures: The Conjunctive Approach,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 20(3), pages 277-293.
- Gilles, R.P. & Owen, G. & van den Brink, J.R., 1991. "Games with permission structures : The conjunctive approach," Research Memorandum FEW 473, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gilles, R.P. & Owen, G. & van den Brink, J.R., 1991. "Games with permission structures : The conjunctive approach," Discussion Paper 1991-14, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van den Brink, Rene & Gilles, Robert P., 1996. "Axiomatizations of the Conjunctive Permission Value for Games with Permission Structures," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 113-126, January.
- van den Brink, J.R. & Gilles, R.P., 1991. "Axiomatizations of the conjunctive permission value for games with permission structures," Research Memorandum FEW 485, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jean Derks & Hans Haller & Hans Peters, 2000. "The selectope for cooperative games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 29(1), pages 23-38. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:44:y:2008:i:11:p:1114-1125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.