The racial housing price differential and racially transitional neighborhoods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chris Robinson & Nigel Tomes, 1982. "Self-Selection and Interprovincial Migration in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 15(3), pages 474-502, August.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1988. "Wages, Rents, and Amenities: Differences among Workers and Regions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- DaVanzo, Julie, 1983. "Repeat Migration in the United States: Who Moves Back and Who Moves On?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(4), pages 552-559, November.
- Schwartz, Aba, 1973. "Interpreting the Effect of Distance on Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(5), pages 1153-1169, Sept.-Oct.
- Fields, Gary S, 1979. "Place-to-Place Migration: Some New Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 21-32, February.
- A. D. Roy, 1951. "Some Thoughts On The Distribution Of Earnings," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 135-146.
- Heckman, James J & Sedlacek, Guilherme, 1985. "Heterogeneity, Aggregation, and Market Wage Functions: An Empirical Model of Self-selection in the Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1077-1125, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bayer, Patrick & McMillan, Robert & Rueben, Kim S., 2004.
"What drives racial segregation? New evidence using Census microdata,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 514-535, November.
- Patrick Bayer & Robert McMillan & Kim Rueben, 2002. "What Drives Racial Segregation? New Evidence Using Census Microdata," Working Papers 02-26, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Patrick Bayer & Robert McMillan & Kim Rueben, 2003. "What Drives Racial Segregation? New Evidence Using Census Microdata," Working Papers 859, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Patrick J. Bayer & Robert McMillan & Kim Rueben, 2004. "What Drives Racial Segregation? New Evidence Using Census Microdata," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm409, Yale School of Management.
- Patrick Bayer & Robert McMillan, 2005. "Racial Sorting and Neighborhood Quality," NBER Working Papers 11813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Caitlin Knowles, 2004. "Discrimination and neighborhood effects: understanding racial differentials in US housing prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 279-302, September.
- Stephen L. Ross, 2008. "Understanding Racial Segregation: What is known about the Effect of Housing Discrimination," Working papers 2008-15, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith & Mayock, Tom, 2009. "Price discrimination in the housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 125-140, September.
- Peter Colwell & Henry Munneke, 2006. "Bargaining Strength and Property Class in Office Markets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 197-213, November.
- Jessie Bakens & Raymond Florax & Peter Mulder, 2016. "Ethnic Drift and White Flight: A Gravity Model of Neighborhood Formation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-062/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Stephen L. Ross, 2005. "The Continuing Practice and Impact of Discrimination," Working papers 2005-19, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2006.
- Stephen Malpezzi, "undated". "Hedonic Pricing Models: A Selective and Applied Review," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 02-05, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Dennis Wilson & Yung-Hsiang Ying, 2003. "Nationality preferences for labour in the international football industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(14), pages 1551-1559.
- George H. Lentz & Ko Wang, 1998. "Residential Appraisal and the Lending Process: A Survey of Issues," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(1), pages 11-40.
- Stephen L. Ross, 2003. "What Is Known about Testing for Discrimination: Lessons Learned by Comparing across Different Markets," Working papers 2003-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2003.
- Sunwoong Kim, 2000. "Race and home price appreciation in urban neighborhoods: Evidence from Milwaukee, Wisconsin," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 9-28, December.
- John Yinger, 1998. "Evidence on Discrimination in Consumer Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 23-40, Spring.
- Adji Fatou Diagne & Haydar Kurban & Benoît Schmutz, 2017. "Are Inclusionary Housing Programs Color-blind? The Case of Montgomery County MPDU Program," Working Papers 2017-47, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Albert Saiz & Susan Wachter, 2011. "Immigration and the Neighborhood," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 169-188, May.
- Deng, Yongheng & Ross, Stephen L. & Wachter, Susan M., 2003.
"Racial differences in homeownership: the effect of residential location,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 517-556, September.
- Yongheng Deng & Stephen L. Ross & Susan M. Wachter, 2002. "Racial Differences in Homeownership: The Effect of Residential Location," Working papers 2002-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Hamilton, Bruce W., 2001. "Black-White Differences in Inflation: 1974-1991," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 77-96, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:32:y:1992:i:2:p:214-232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .