Consumer values, motivation and purchase intention for luxury goods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Colin Loader & Jeffrey Waddoups & Rick Tilman, 1991. "Thorstein Veblen, Werner Sombart and The Periodization of History," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 421-429, June.
- Weng Marc LIM & Ding Hooi TING & Pei Theng KHOO & Wei Yi WONG, 2012. "Understanding consumer values and socialization – a case of luxury products," Management & Marketing, Economic Publishing House, vol. 7(2), Summer.
- Kamakura, Wagner A & Novak, Thomas P, 1992. "Value-System Segmentation: Exploring the Meaning of LOV," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 119-132, June.
- Abid, Fathi & Bahloul, Slah, 2011. "Selected MENA countries' attractiveness to G7 investors," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2197-2207, September.
- Rook, Dennis W & Fisher, Robert J, 1995. "Normative Influences on Impulsive Buying Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 305-313, December.
- Mina, Wasseem Michel, 2012. "The Institutional Reforms Debate and FDI Flows to the MENA Region: The “Best” Ensemble," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1798-1809.
- Spiggle, Susan, 1986. "Measuring Social Values: A Content Analysis of Sunday Comics and Underground Comix," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 100-113, June.
- Stokburger-Sauer, Nicola E. & Teichmann, Karin, 2013. "Is luxury just a female thing? The role of gender in luxury brand consumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 889-896.
- Liselot Hudders & Mario Pandelaere, 2012. "The Silver Lining of Materialism: The Impact of Luxury Consumption on Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 411-437, June.
- Bian, Qin & Forsythe, Sandra, 2012. "Purchase intention for luxury brands: A cross cultural comparison," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1443-1451.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996. "Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 349-373, June.
- Hamza Khraim, 2010. "Measuring Religiosity in Consumer Research From an Islamic Perspective," Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(1), pages 52-78, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aysel Kurnaz, 2017. "Examination of the Relationship between Luxury Value Perception and Shopping Motivations: Turkey Sample," International Journal of Marketing Studies, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(5), pages 108-124, October.
- Marija Antonija PajiÄ‡, 2019. "Consumer behaviour factors and contemporary trends on the luxury goods market," Notitia - journal for economic, business and social issues, Notitia Ltd., vol. 1(5), pages 101-118, December.
- Shin, Hyunju & Eastman, Jacqueline K. & Mothersbaugh, David, 2017. "The effect of a limited-edition offer following brand dilution on consumer attitudes toward a luxury brand," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 59-70.
- Ramendra Singh & Sangeeta Trott, 2019. "Non-deceptive deliberate purchase of brand lookalikes: a BOP customer value perspective," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 46(1), pages 15-26, March.
- Ajitha, S. & Sivakumar, V.J., 2017. "Understanding the effect of personal and social value on attitude and usage behavior of luxury cosmetic brands," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 103-113.
- Nabi, Nazia & Oâ€™Cass, Aron & Siahtiri, Vida, 2019. "Status consumption in newly emerging countries: The influence of personality traits and the mediating role of motivation to consume conspicuously," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 173-178.
- Semaan, Rania W. & Ashill, Nick & Williams, Paul, 2019. "Sophisticated, iconic and magical: A qualitative analysis of brand charisma," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 102-113.
- Pino, Giovanni & Amatulli, Cesare & Peluso, Alessandro M. & Nataraajan, Rajan & Guido, Gianluigi, 2019. "Brand prominence and social status in luxury consumption: A comparison of emerging and mature markets," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 163-172.
- Thaichon, Park & Quach, Sara, 2016. "Dark motives-counterfeit purchase framework: Internal and external motives behind counterfeit purchase via digital platforms," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 82-91.
- Chan, Wing Yin & To, Chester K.M. & Chu, Wai Ching, 2015. "Materialistic consumers who seek unique products: How does their need for status and their affective response facilitate the repurchase intention of luxury goods?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-10.
- Favier, Manon & Celhay, Franck & Pantin-Sohier, GaÃ«lle, 2019. "Is less more or a bore? Package design simplicity and brand perception: an application to Champagne," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 11-20.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2015. "A comprehensive dwelling unit choice model accommodating psychological constructs within a search strategy for consideration set formation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 161-188.
- Shao, Wei & Grace, Debra & Ross, Mitchell, 2019. "Consumer motivation and luxury consumption: Testing moderating effects," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 33-44.
- Lopes, Evandro Luiz & Yunes, Lucas Zimbres & Bandeira de LamÃ´nica Freire, OtÃ¡vio & Herrero, Eliane & Contreras Pinochet, Luis Hernan, 2020. "The role of ethical problems related to a brand in the purchasing decision process: An analysis of the moderating effect of complexity of purchase and mediation of perceived social risk," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Yu, Shubin & Hu, Yangjuan, 2020. "When luxury brands meet China: The effect of localized celebrity endorsements in social media marketing," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Kumar, Ajay & Paul, Justin & Unnithan, Anandakuttan B., 2020. "‘Masstige’ marketing: A review, synthesis and research agenda," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 384-398.
More about this item
KeywordsLuxury goods; Consumer values; Purchase; Buying intention; Logistic model; Morocco;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:21:y:2014:i:5:p:735-744. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.