Analysis of postponement strategy by EPQ-based models with planned backorders
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben-Daya, M. & Hariga, M., 1995. "Comparative study of heuristics for the joint replenishment problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 341-344, June.
- Ernst, Ricardo & Kamrad, Bardia, 2000. "Evaluation of supply chain structures through modularization and postponement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 124(3), pages 495-510, August.
- Eilon, Samuel, 1985. "Multi-product batch production on a single machine--A problem revisited," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 453-468.
- S. K. Goyal, 1974. "Determination of Optimum Packaging Frequency of Items Jointly Replenished," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 436-443, December.
- Yossi Aviv & Awi Federgruen, 2001. "Capacitated Multi-Item Inventory Systems with Random and Seasonally Fluctuating Demands: Implications for Postponement Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(4), pages 512-531, April.
- Ronald, Robert & Yang, Gino K. & Chu, Peter, 2004. "Technical note: The EOQ and EPQ models with shortages derived without derivatives," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 197-200, November.
- Ma, Shihua & Wang, Wei & Liu, Liming, 2002. "Commonality and postponement in multistage assembly systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(3), pages 523-538, November.
- Goyal, Suresh K. & Satir, Ahmet T., 1989. "Joint replenishment inventory control: Deterministic and stochastic models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 2-13, January.
- Edward A. Silver, 1976. "A Simple Method of Determining Order Quantities in Joint Replenishments Under Deterministic Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(12), pages 1351-1361, August.
- Frank T. Shu, 1971. "Economic Ordering Frequency for two Items Jointly Replenished," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(6), pages 406-410, February.
- Cardenas-Barron, Leopoldo Eduardo, 2001. "The economic production quantity (EPQ) with shortage derived algebraically," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 289-292, April.
- Li, Suhong & Ragu-Nathan, Bhanu & Ragu-Nathan, T.S. & Subba Rao, S., 2006. "The impact of supply chain management practices on competitive advantage and organizational performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 107-124, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2009. "The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: A new approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 624-636, June.
- Wang, John & Yan, Ruiliang & Hollister, Kimberly & Zhu, Dan, 2008. "A historic review of management science research in China," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 919-932, December.
- Javad Sadeghi & Seyed Taghi Akhavan Niaki & Mohammad Reza Malekian & Saeid Sadeghi, 2016. "Optimising multi-item economic production quantity model with trapezoidal fuzzy demand and backordering: two tuned meta-heuristics," European Journal of Industrial Engineering, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(2), pages 170-195.
- Kevin Hsu, Wen-Kai & Yu, Hong-Fwu, 2009. "EOQ model for imperfective items under a one-time-only discount," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1018-1026, October.
- Pan, Kewen & Lai, K.K. & Liang, L. & Leung, Stephen C.H., 2009. "Two-period pricing and ordering policy for the dominant retailer in a two-echelon supply chain with demand uncertainty," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 919-929, August.
- Pasandideh, Seyed Hamid Reza & Niaki, Seyed Taghi Akhavan & Nobil, Amir Hossein & Cárdenas-Barrón, Leopoldo Eduardo, 2015. "A multiproduct single machine economic production quantity model for an imperfect production system under warehouse construction cost," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 203-214.
More about this item
KeywordsPostponement Economic production quantity (EPQ) Backorder Supply chain management (SCM);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:36:y:2008:i:5:p:777-788. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.