Four empirical tests of Unconscious Thought Theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Felix Acker, 2008. "New findings on unconscious versus conscious thought in decision making: additional empirical data and meta-analysis," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 3, pages 292-303, April.
- Dustin P. Calvillo & Alan Penaloza, 2009. "Are complex decisions better left to the unconscious? Further failed replications of the deliberation-without-attention effect," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 4(6), pages 509-517, October.
- Todd J. Thorsteinson & Scott Withrow, 2009. "Does unconscious thought outperform conscious thought on complex decisions? A further examination," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 4(3), pages 235-247, April.
- Slegers, David W. & Brake, Gregory L. & Doherty, Michael E., 2000. "Probabilistic Mental Models with Continuous Predictors," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 98-114, January.
- Laurent Waroquier & David Marchiori & Olivier Klein & Axel Cleeremans, 2009. "Methodological pitfalls of the Unconscious Thought paradigm," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 4(7), pages 601-610, December.
- Park, C Whan & Lessig, V Parker, 1981. " Familiarity and Its Impact on Consumer Decision Biases and Heuristics," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 223-230, September.
- Ford, J. Kevin & Schmitt, Neal & Schechtman, Susan L. & Hults, Brian M. & Doherty, Mary L., 1989. "Process tracing methods: Contributions, problems, and neglected research questions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 75-117, February.
- Billings, Robert S. & Scherer, Lisa L., 1988. "The effects of response mode and importance on decision-making strategies: Judgment versus choice," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-19, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carl-Christian Trönnberg & Sven Hemlin, 2012. "Banker's lending decision making: a psychological approach," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(11), pages 1032-1047, September.
More about this item
KeywordsDecision making; Heuristics; Lexicographic strategy; Unconscious Thought Theory; Decision aids;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:117:y:2012:i:2:p:332-340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.