Cokriging for spatial functional data
This work proposes to generalize the method of kriging when data are spatially sampled curves. A spatial functional linear model is constructed including spatial dependencies between curves. Under some regularity conditions of the curves, an ordinary kriging system is established in the infinite dimensional case. From a practical point-of-view, the decomposition of the curves into a functional basis boils down the problem of kriging in infinite dimension to a standard cokriging on basis coefficients. The methodological developments are illustrated with temperature profiles sampled with dives of elephant seals in the Antarctic Ocean. The projection of sampled profiles into a Legendre polynomial basis is performed with a regularization procedure based on spline smoothing which uses the variance of the sampling devices in order to estimate coefficients by quadrature.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhou S. & Shen X., 2001. "Spatially Adaptive Regression Splines and Accurate Knot Selection Schemes," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 247-259, March.
- Meiring, Wendy, 2007. "Oscillations and Time Trends in Stratospheric Ozone Levels: A Functional Data Analysis Approach," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 788-802, September.
- Pearce, N.D. & Wand, M.P., 2006. "Penalized Splines and Reproducing Kernel Methods," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 60, pages 233-240, August.
- Cardot, Hervé & Ferraty, Frédéric & Sarda, Pascal, 1999. "Functional linear model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 11-22, October.
- Philippe Besse & J. Ramsay, 1986. "Principal components analysis of sampled functions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 285-311, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:2:p:409-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.