The competitive nature of the primary-care physician services market
No abstract is available for this item.
- James Thornton, 1998. "Do physicians employ aides efficiently?: Some new evidence on solo practitioners," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 22(2), pages 85-96, June.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1999.
"Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 141-164, Winter.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, "undated". "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," GSIA Working Papers 1999-E31, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1998. "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," HEW 9809001, EconWPA.
- Martin Gaynor & Deborah Haas-Wilson, 1998. "Change, Consolidation, and Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 6701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fang, Hai & Rizzo, John A., 2009. "Competition and physician-enabled demand: The role of managed care," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 463-474, October.
- A. Marvasti, 2000. "Waiting Time and Production Uncertainty in Medical Services," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 115-135, May.
- Gillis, Kurt D. & Lee, David W., 1997. "Medicare, access, and physicians' willingness to accept new Medicare patients," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 579-603.
- David A. Matsa, 2007. "Does Malpractice Liability Keep the Doctor Away? Evidence from Tort Reform Damage Caps," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(S2), pages 143-182, 06.
- Hendrik Jürges, 2007. "Health Insurance Status and Physician-Induced Demand for Medical Services in Germany: New Evidence from Combined District and Individual Level Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 8, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Hendrik Jürges, 2007. "Health Insurance Status and Physician-Induced Demand for Medical Services in Germany: New Evidence from Combined District and Individual Level Data," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 689, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hendrik JÃ¼rges, 2007. "Health insurance status and physician-induced demand for medical services in Germany: new evidence from combined district and individual level data," MEA discussion paper series 07119, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Timothy Gunning & Robin Sickles, 2013. "Competition and market power in physician private practices," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 1005-1029, April.
- Nguyen, Xuan Nguyen, 1996. "Physician volume response to price controls," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 189-204, February.
- Marvasti, Akbar, 2014. "An estimation of the demand and supply for physician services using a panel data," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 279-286.
- Gaynor, Martin, 1994. "Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 211-255, Spring.
- Martin Gaynor, 1994. "Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services," NBER Working Papers 4695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wong, Herbert S., 1996. "Market structure and the role of consumer information in the physician services industry: An empirical test," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 139-160, April.
- Anderson, Gary M. & Halcoussis, Dennis & Johnston, Linda & Lowenberg, Anton D., 2000. "Regulatory barriers to entry in the healthcare industry: the case of alternative medicine," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 485-502.
- Michael Grossman, 2003. "Household Production and Health," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 331-342, December.
- Lise Rochaix & Stéphane Jacobzone, 1997. "L'hypothèse de demande induite : un bilan économique," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 129(3), pages 25-36.
- Laurence C. Baker, 1994. "Does Competition from HMOs Affect Fee-For-Service Physicians?," NBER Working Papers 4920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:4:y:1985:i:2:p:93-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed