Debt, investment and endowment accumulation: the case of not-for-profit hospitals
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Showalter, Dean M, 1995. "Oligopoly and Financial Structure: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 647-653, June.
- Hansmann, Henry, 1990. "Why Do Universities Have Endowments?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 3-42, January.
- Brander, James A. & Lewis, Tracy R., 1986. "Oligopoly and Financial Structure: The Limited Liability Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 956-970, December.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Valvona, Joseph & Hassan, Mahmud & Morrisey, Michael A., 1988. "Cost of capital to the hospital sector," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Sloan, Frank A, et al, 1990. "The Demise of Hospital Philanthropy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(4), pages 725-743, October.
- Gershberg, Alec Ian & Grossman, Michael, 2001.
"Competition and the Cost of Capital Revisited: Special Authorities and Underwriters in the Market for Tax-Exempt Hospital Bonds,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 54(2), pages 255-280, June.
- Alec Ian Gershberg & Michael Grossman & Fred Goldman, 1999. "Competition and the Cost of Capital Revisited: Special Authorities and Underwriters in the Market for Tax-emempt Hospital Bonds," NBER Working Papers 7356, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wedig, Gerard J & Hassan, Mahmud & Sloan, Frank A, 1989. "Hospital Investment Decisions and the Cost of Capital," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(4), pages 517-537, October.
- Calem, Paul S. & Rizzo, John A., 1992. "Banks as information specialists: The case of hospital lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 1123-1141, December.
- Mahmud Hassan & Gerard Wedig & Michael Morrisey, 2000. "Charity Care by Non-profit Hospitals: The Price of Tax-exempt Debt," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 47-62.
- Calem, Paul S & Rizzo, John A, 1995. "Financing Constraints and Investment: New Evidence from Hospital Industry Data," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1002-1014, November.
- Paul S. Calem & John A. Rizzo, 1994. "Financing constraints and investment: new evidence from hospital industry data," Working Papers 94-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1991. " The Theory of Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 297-355, March.
- Wedig, Gerard J & Hassan, Mahmud & Morrisey, Michael A, 1996. " Tax-Exempt Debt and the Capital Structure of Nonprofit Organizations: An Application to Hospitals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1247-1283, September.
- Wedig, Gerard, et al, 1988. " Capital Structure, Ownership, and Capital Payment Policy: The Case of Hospitals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Frank A. Sloan & Donald H. Taylor & Chris Conover, 2000. "Hospital Conversions Is the Purchase Price Too Low?," NBER Chapters, in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 13-44 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:21:y:2002:i:5:p:845-872. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.