Debt, investment and endowment accumulation: the case of not-for-profit hospitals
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Showalter, Dean M, 1995. "Oligopoly and Financial Structure: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 647-653, June.
- Hansmann, Henry, 1990. "Why Do Universities Have Endowments?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 3-42, January.
- Brander, James A. & Lewis, Tracy R., 1986. "Oligopoly and Financial Structure: The Limited Liability Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 956-970, December.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Valvona, Joseph & Hassan, Mahmud & Morrisey, Michael A., 1988. "Cost of capital to the hospital sector," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Sloan, Frank A, et al, 1990. "The Demise of Hospital Philanthropy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(4), pages 725-743, October.
- Gershberg, Alec Ian & Grossman, Michael, 2001.
"Competition and the Cost of Capital Revisited: Special Authorities and Underwriters in the Market for Tax-Exempt Hospital Bonds,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 54(2), pages 255-280, June.
- Alec Ian Gershberg & Michael Grossman & Fred Goldman, 1999. "Competition and the Cost of Capital Revisited: Special Authorities and Underwriters in the Market for Tax-emempt Hospital Bonds," NBER Working Papers 7356, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wedig, Gerard J & Hassan, Mahmud & Sloan, Frank A, 1989. "Hospital Investment Decisions and the Cost of Capital," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(4), pages 517-537, October.
- Calem, Paul S. & Rizzo, John A., 1992. "Banks as information specialists: The case of hospital lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 1123-1141, December.
- Mahmud Hassan & Gerard Wedig & Michael Morrisey, 2000. "Charity Care by Non-profit Hospitals: The Price of Tax-exempt Debt," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 47-62.
- Calem, Paul S & Rizzo, John A, 1995. "Financing Constraints and Investment: New Evidence from Hospital Industry Data," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1002-1014, November.
- Paul S. Calem & John A. Rizzo, 1994. "Financing constraints and investment: new evidence from hospital industry data," Working Papers 94-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1991. " The Theory of Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 297-355, March.
- Wedig, Gerard J & Hassan, Mahmud & Morrisey, Michael A, 1996. " Tax-Exempt Debt and the Capital Structure of Nonprofit Organizations: An Application to Hospitals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1247-1283, September.
- Wedig, Gerard, et al, 1988. " Capital Structure, Ownership, and Capital Payment Policy: The Case of Hospitals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Frank A. Sloan & Donald H. Taylor & Chris Conover, 2000. "Hospital Conversions Is the Purchase Price Too Low?," NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 13-44 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:21:y:2002:i:5:p:845-872. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.