Do Medicaid physician fees for prenatal services affect birth outcomes?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathan Gruber, 1996.
"Health Insurance for Poor Women and Children in the U.S.: Lessons from the Past Decade,"
NBER Working Papers
5831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Health Insurance for Poor Women and Children in the U.S.: Lessons from the Past Decade," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 11, pages 169-211 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Travis, Karen M, 1999. "Physician Payment and Prenatal Care Access for Heterogeneous Patients," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(1), pages 86-102, January.
- Cutler, David M & Gruber, Jonathan, 1996. "The Effect of Medicaid Expansions on Public Insurance, Private Insurance, and Redistribution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 378-83, May.
- Janet Currie & Jonathan Gruber & Michael Fischer, 1994.
"Physician Payments and Infant Mortality: Evidence from Medicaid Fee Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
4930, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Currie, Janet & Gruber, Jonathan & Fischer, Michael, 1995. "Physician Payments and Infant Mortality: Evidence from Medicaid Fee Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 106-11, May.
- Newhouse, Joseph P, 1970. "Toward a Theory of Nonprofit Institutions: An Economic Model of a Hospital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 64-74, March.
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-77, June.
- Currie, Janet & Grogger, Jeffrey, 2002.
"Medicaid expansions and welfare contractions: offsetting effects on prenatal care and infant health?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 313-335, March.
- Janet Currie & Jeffrey Grogger, 2000. "Medicaid Expansions and Welfare Contractions: Offsetting Effects on Prenatal Care and Infant Health?," NBER Working Papers 7667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Warner, Geoffrey L, 1995. "Prenatal Care Demand and Birthweight Production of Black Mothers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 132-37, May.
- Long, Stephen H. & Settle, Russell F. & Stuart, Bruce C., 1986. "Reimbursement and access to physicians' services under Medicaid," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 235-251, September.
- Laurence Baker & Anne Beeson Royalty, .
"Medicaid Policy, Physician Behavior, and Health Care for the Low-Income Population,"
97003, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Laurence C. Baker & Anne Beeson Royalty, 2000. "Medicaid Policy, Physician Behavior, and Health Care for the Low-Income Population," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(3), pages 480-502.
- Theodore Joyce, 1997.
"Impact of Augmented Prenatal Care on Birth Outcomes of Medicaid Recipients in New York City,"
NBER Working Papers
6029, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joyce, Theodore, 1999. "Impact of augmented prenatal care on birth outcomes of Medicaid recipients in New York City," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 31-67, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:20:y:2001:i:4:p:571-590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.