Dividend yield and expected returns *1: The zero-dividend puzzle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frankfurter, George M. & Wood, Bob Jr., 2002. "Dividend policy theories and their empirical tests," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 111-138.
- Antje Henne & Sebastian Ostrowski & Peter Reichling, 2007. "Dividend Yield and Stability versus Performance at the German Stock Market," FEMM Working Papers 07017, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- George Bulkley & Richard W P Holt, 2007. "Forecasting Cross-Section Stock Returns using The Present Value Model," Edinburgh School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 163, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Ali, Heba & Hegazy, Aya Yasser, 2022. "Dividend policy, risk and the cross-section of stock returns: Evidence from India," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 169-192.
- Eero Pätäri & Timo Leivo, 2017. "A Closer Look At Value Premium: Literature Review And Synthesis," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 79-168, February.
- Clemens Sialm, 2009. "Tax Changes and Asset Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1356-1383, September.
- Lee, King Fuei, 2011. "Demographics and the Long-Horizon Returns of Dividend-Yield Strategies in the US," MPRA Paper 46350, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Buckley & Richard W P Holt, 1999. "Forecasting Cross-Section Stock Returns using Theoretical Prices Estimated from an Econometric Model," Edinburgh School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 47, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Michaely, Roni & Thaler, Richard H & Womack, Kent L, 1995.
"Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 573-608, June.
- Roni Michaely & Richard H. Thaler & Kent Womack, 1994. "Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?," NBER Working Papers 4778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael A. Goldstein & Abhinav Goyal & Brian M. Lucey & Cal B. Muckley, 2015.
"The Global Preference for Dividends in Declining Markets,"
The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 575-609, November.
- Michael A. Goldstein & Abhinav Goyal & Brian M. Lucey & Carl B. Muckley, 2014. "The Global Preference for Dividends in Declining Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp461, IIIS.
- Adem Atmaz & Suleyman Basak, 2022. "Stock Market and No‐Dividend Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 77(1), pages 545-599, February.
- Fuller, Kathleen P. & Goldstein, Michael A., 2011. "Do dividends matter more in declining markets?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 457-473, June.
- repec:hur:ijaraf:v:5:y:2015:i:1:p:130-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, King Fuei, 2013. "Demographics and the long-horizon returns of dividend-yield strategies," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 202-218.
- De Moor, Lieven & Sercu, Piet, 2013. "The smallest firm effect: An international study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 129-155.
- Rozycki, John J., 1997. "A tax motivation for smoothing dividends," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 563-578.
- Domian, Dale L. & Louton, David A. & Mossman, Charles E., 1998. "The rise and fall of the "Dogs of the Dow"," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 145-159.
- Greg Filbeck & Sue Visscher, 1997. "Dividend yield strategies in the British stock market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 277-289.
- Andreas Charitou & Neophytos Lambertides & Giorgos Theodoulou, 2010. "The Effect of Past Earnings and Dividend Patterns on the Information Content of Dividends When Earnings Are Reduced," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(2), pages 153-187, June.
- Ian McManus & Owain Ap Gwilym & Stephen Thomas, 2004. "The Role of Payout Ratio in the Relationship Between Stock Returns and Dividend Yield," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(9‐10), pages 1355-1387, November.
- Pang, Wan Kai & Yu, Bosco Wing-Tong & Troutt, Marvin D. & Hou, Shui Hung, 2008. "A simulation-based approach to the study of coefficient of variation of dividend yields," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(2), pages 559-569, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:28:y:1990:i:1-2:p:95-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.