Unanticipated inflation and the value of the firm
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Kenneth B. Dunn & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1984. "Modeling the Term Structure of Interest Rates Under Nonseparable Utilityand Duriability of Goods," NBER Working Papers 1415, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1983. "Stochastic Consumption, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Asset Returns," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 249-265, April.
- Hayne E. Leland, 1968. "Saving and Uncertainty: The Precautionary Demand for Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(3), pages 465-473.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1974. "An aggregation theorem for securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 225-244, September.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Shiller, Robert J., 1982.
"Consumption correlatedness and risk measurement in economies with non-traded assets and heterogeneous information,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 195-210, July.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Robert J. Shiller, 1981. "Consumption Correlatedness and Risk Measurement in Economies with Non trade Assets and Heterogeneous Information," NBER Working Papers 0690, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kraus, Alan & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1976. "Skewness Preference and the Valuation of Risk Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1085-1100, September.
- A. Sandmo, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 353-360.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sellin, Peter, 1998. "Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Working Paper Series 72, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Ross Jennings & Gustavo Maturana, 2005. "The Usefulness Of Chilean Inflation Accounting," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 8(1), pages 85-118.
- Pearce, Douglas K & Roley, V Vance, 1988.
" Firm Characteristics, Unanticipated Inflation, and Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 965-981, September.
- Douglas K. Pearce & V. Vance Roley, 1987. "Firm Characteristics, Unanticipated Inflation, and Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 2366, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. Vance Roley & Douglas K. Pearce, 1988. "Firm characteristics, unanticipated inflation, and stock returns," Research Working Paper 88-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Panos Patatoukas & Hongjun Yan, 2009. "The Impact of Earnings Surprises on Stock Returns: Theory and Evidence," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2517, Yale School of Management.
- Steven A. Sharpe, 1999. "Stock prices, expected returns, and inflation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-02, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Konchitchki, Yaniv, 2011. "Inflation and Nominal Financial Reporting: Implications for Performance and Stock Prices," MPRA Paper 52928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sweeney, Mary Elizabeth, 1998. "Interest rate hedging and equity duration: Australian evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 277-298.
- Hevert, Kathleen T. & McLaughlin, Robyn M. & Taggart, Robert A., 1998. "Interest Rates, Inflation and the Value of Growth Options," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(3, Part 2), pages 599-613.
- Anderson, Christopher W., 1999. "Financial contracting under extreme uncertainty:: an analysis of Brazilian corporate debentures," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 45-84, January.
- Madsen, Jakob B., 2002. "The share market boom and the recent disinflation in the OECD countries: the tax-effects, the inflation-illusion and the risk-aversion hypotheses reconsidered1," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 115-141.
- Lumpkin, Stephen A. & O'Brien, James M., 1997. "Thrift stock returns and portfolio interest rate sensitivity," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 341-357, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:15:y:1986:i:3:p:285-321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.