Why We Need to Stick with Uniform-Price Auctions in Electricity Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Peter Cramton & Steven Stoft, 2007. "Why We Need to Stick with Uniform-Price Auctions in Electricity Markets," Papers of Peter Cramton 07cpm, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2007.
References listed on IDEAS
- Henrik Klinge Jacobsen, 2000. "Technology Diffusion in Energy-Economy Models: The Case of Danish Vintage Models," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 43-71.
- Jaffe Adam B. & Stavins Robert N., 1995. "Dynamic Incentives of Environmental Regulations: The Effects of Alternative Policy Instruments on Technology Diffusion," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 43-63, November.
- Fox-Penner, Peter S, 1990. "Cogeneration after PURPA: Energy Conservation and Industry Structure," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 517-552, October.
- Alan D. Woodland, 1993. "A Micro-Econometric Analysis of the Industrial Demand for Energy in NSW," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 57-90.
- Pizer, William & Kopp, Raymond & Morgenstern, Richard & Harrington, Winston & Shih, Jhih-Shyang, 2002. "Technology Adoption and Aggregate Energy Efficiency," Discussion Papers dp-02-52, Resources For the Future.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stadler, Michael & Cardoso, Gonçalo & Mashayekh, Salman & Forget, Thibault & DeForest, Nicholas & Agarwal, Ankit & Schönbein, Anna, 2016. "Value streams in microgrids: A literature review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 980-989.
- Heim, Sven & Götz, Georg, 2013.
"Do pay-as-bid auctions favor collusion? Evidence from Germany's market for reserve power,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
13-035, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sven Heim & Georg Götz, 2013. "Do pay-as-bid auctions favor collusion? - Evidence from Germany’s market for reserve power," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201324, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p2:p:2181-2195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manzano, Carolina & Vives, Xavier, 2016.
"Market Power and Welfare in Asymmetric Divisible Good Auctions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11731, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manzano, Carolina & Vives, Xavier, 2017. "Market Power and Welfare in Asymmetric Divisible Good Auctions," IESE Research Papers D/1162, IESE Business School.
- Manzano, Carolina & Vives, Xavier, 2017. "Market Power and Welfare in Asymmetric Divisible Good Auctions," Working Papers 2072/292436, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Carolina Manzano & Xavier Vives, 2016. "Market Power and Welfare in Asymmetric Divisible Good Auctions," CESifo Working Paper Series 6261, CESifo Group Munich.
- Larson, Nathan & Elmaghraby, Wedad, 2008. "Procurement auctions with avoidable fixed costs: an experimental approach," MPRA Paper 32163, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Mazaher Haji Bashi & Gholamreza Yousefi & Claus Leth Bak & Jayakrishnan Radhakrishna Pillai, 2016. "Long Term Expected Revenue of Wind Farms Considering the Bidding Admission Uncertainty," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-17, November.
- repec:spr:jogath:v:46:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00182-016-0549-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Briggs, R.J. & Kleit, Andrew, 2013. "Resource adequacy reliability and the impacts of capacity subsidies in competitive electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 297-305.
- Isemonger, Alan G., 2009. "The evolving design of RTO ancillary service markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 150-157, January.
- Giuseppe Lopomo & Leslie M. Marx & David McAdams & Brian Murray, 2011. "Carbon Allowance Auction Design: An Assessment of Options for the United States," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(1), pages 25-43, Winter.
- Bergler, Julian & Heim, Sven & Hüschelrath, Kai, 2017.
"Strategic capacity withholding through failures in the German-Austrian electricity market,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 210-221.
- Bergler, Julian & Heim, Sven & Hüschelrath, Kai, 2016. "Strategic capacity withholding through failures in the German-Austrian electricity market," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-009, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Martin Bichler & Pasha Shabalin & Jürgen Wolf, 2013. "Do core-selecting Combinatorial Clock Auctions always lead to high efficiency? An experimental analysis of spectrum auction designs," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 16(4), pages 511-545, December.
- de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Fabra, Natalia & Von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik M, 2008. "Investment Incentives and Auction Design in Electricity Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6626, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David McAdams & Giuseppe Lopomo & Leslie Marx & Brian Murray, "undated". "Carbon Allowance Auction Design: An Assessment of Options for the U.S," Working Papers 10-64, Duke University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jelect:v:20:y:2007:i:1:p:26-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600875/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .