Market adaptation to Regulation Fair Disclosure: The use of industry information to enhance the informational environment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anup Agrawal & Sahiba Chadha & Mark A. Chen, 2006. "Who Is Afraid of Reg FD? The Behavior and Performance of Sell-Side Analysts Following the SEC's Fair Disclosure Rules," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 2811-2834, November.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Jeff Madura & Melinda Newman, 2006. "Industry Effects Of Analyst Stock Revisions," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 181-198.
- Roger K. Loh & René M. Stulz, 2011.
"When Are Analyst Recommendation Changes Influential?,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(2), pages 593-627.
- Roger K. Loh & René M. Stulz, 2009. "When are Analyst Recommendation Changes Influential?," NBER Working Papers 14971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Loh, Roger K. & Stulz, Rene M., 2009. "When Are Analyst Recommendation Changes Influential?," Working Paper Series 2009-7, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Green, T. Clifton & Jame, Russell & Markov, Stanimir & Subasi, Musa, 2014. "Access to management and the informativeness of analyst research," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 239-255.
- Baljit Sidhu & Tom Smith & Robert E. Whaley & Richard H. Willis, 2008. "Regulation Fair Disclosure and the Cost of Adverse Selection," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 697-728, June.
- Dave Jackson & Jeff Madura, 2007. "Impact of regulation fair disclosure on the information flow associated with profit warnings," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 31(1), pages 59-74, March.
- Jorion, Philippe & Zhang, Gaiyan, 2007. "Good and bad credit contagion: Evidence from credit default swaps," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 860-883, June.
- Li, Yutao & Saunders, Anthony & Shao, Pei, 2015. "Did Regulation Fair Disclosure affect credit markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 46-59.
- Anna Agapova & Jeff Madura & Zhanel Mailibayeva, 2012. "Does Regulation Fair Disclosure Reduce the Information Quality of Managerial Guidance?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 273-297, May.
- Mensah, Yaw M. & Yang, Rong, 2008. "An empirical evaluation of analysts' herding behavior following Regulation Fair Disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 317-338.
- Kross, William J. & Suk, Inho, 2012. "Does Regulation FD work? Evidence from analysts' reliance on public disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 225-248.
- Marcel Prokopczuk, 2010. "Intra-industry contagion effects of earnings surprises in the banking sector," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(20), pages 1601-1613.
More about this item
KeywordsReg FD; Earnings Announcements; Earnings Surprises; Industry Contagion; Industry Competition;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:89:y:2017:i:c:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.