Forecasting required loan loss reserves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Rivard & Eugene Bland & Gay Hatfield Morris, 2003. "Income smoothing behavior of U.S. banks under revised international capital requirements," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 9(4), pages 288-294, November.
- Jan FRAIT & Zlatuše KOMÁRKOVÁ, 2013. "Loan Loss Provisioning in Selected European Banking Sectors: Do Banks Really Behave in a Procyclical Way?," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(4), pages 308-326, August.
- Stefan Hlawatsch & Sebastian Ostrowski, 2009. "Economic Loan Loss Provision and Expected Loss," FEMM Working Papers 09013, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2003.
"Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much, too late?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 178-197, April.
- Luc Laeven & Giovanni Majnoni, 2002. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns: too much too late?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Laeven, Luc & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "Loan loss provisioning and economic slowdowns : too much, too late?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2749, The World Bank.
- Christopher C. Henderson, 1999. "The Economic Performance of African-American-Owned Banks: The Role of Loan Loss Provisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 372-376, May.
- Bikker, J.A. & Metzemakers, P.A.J., 2005.
"Bank provisioning behaviour and procyclicality,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 141-157, April.
- J.A. Bikker & P.A.J. Metzemakers, 2002. "Bank provisioning behaviour and procyclicality," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 50, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Paul A.J. Metzemakers, 2003. "Bank Provisioning Behaviour and Procyclicality," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 111, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Christopher Henderson, 2002. "Asymmetric Information in Community Banking and Its Relationship to Credit-Market Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 315-319, May.
- Anthony M. Santomero, 1997. "Commercial Bank Risk Management: An Analysis of the Process," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-11, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:9:y:2003:i:4:p:288-294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Perez & Vicente Salas-Fumas & Jesus Saurina, 2008.
"Earnings and Capital Management in Alternative Loan Loss Provision Regulatory Regimes,"
European Accounting Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 423-445.
- Daniel Pérez & Vicente Salas-Fumás & Jesús Saurina, 2006. "Earnings and capital management in alternative loan loss provision regulatory regimes," Working Papers 0614, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Anthony Santomero, 1997. "Commercial Bank Risk Management: An Analysis of the Process," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 83-115, October.
- Santomero, Anthony M. & Trester, Jeffrey J., 1998. "Financial innovation and bank risk taking," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 25-37, March.
- Ashim Kumar Kar, 2017. "Income Smoothing, Capital Management and Provisioning Behaviour of Microfinance Institutions: A Study Using Global Panel Data," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 29(1), pages 108-126, January.
- Robert P. Gray & Frank L. Clarke, 2004. "A Methodology for Calculating the Allowance for Loan Losses in Commercial Banks," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 40(3), pages 321-341.
- Anthony M. Santomero & William Lang, 2003. "Risk Quantification of Retail Credit: Current Practices and Future Challenges," CEIS Research Paper 13, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Cavallo, Michele & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "Do Banks provision for bad loans in good times? empirical evidence and policy implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2619, The World Bank.
- Damiano Bruno Silipo & Giovanni Verga & Sviatlana Hlebik, 2017. "Confidence And Overconfidence In Banking," Working Papers 201703, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Jones, David S. & King, Kathleen Kuester, 1995. "The implementation of prompt corrective action: An assessment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 491-510, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:45:y:1993:i:3-4:p:315-329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.