The effects of neighborhood conditions on perceptions of safety
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuel L. Myers & Chanjin Chung, 1998. "Criminal Perceptions And Violent Criminal Victimization," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 16(3), pages 321-333, July.
- Gomme, Ian M., 1986. "Fear of crime among Canadians: A multi-variate analysis," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 249-258.
- Toseland, Ronald W., 1982. "Fear of crime: Who is most vulnerable?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 199-209.
- Borooah, Vani & Carcach, Carlos, 1997. "Crime and Fear," MPRA Paper 19419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jae Seung Lee & Sungjin Park & Sanghoon Jung, 2016. "Effect of Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) Measures on Active Living and Fear of Crime," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-16, August.
- Foster, Sarah & Wood, Lisa & Christian, Hayley & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie, 2013. "Planning safer suburbs: Do changes in the built environment influence residents' perceptions of crime risk?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 87-94.
- Intravia, Jonathan & Stewart, Eric A. & Warren, Patricia Y. & Wolff, Kevin T., 2016. "Neighborhood disorder and generalized trust: A multilevel mediation examination of social mechanisms," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 148-158.
- Won, Jaewoong & Lee, Chanam & Forjuoh, Samuel N. & Ory, Marcia G., 2016. "Neighborhood safety factors associated with older adults' health-related outcomes: A systematic literature review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 177-186.
- Foster, Sarah & Hooper, Paula & Knuiman, Matthew & Bull, Fiona & Giles-Corti, Billie, 2016. "Are liveable neighbourhoods safer neighbourhoods? Testing the rhetoric on new urbanism and safety from crime in Perth, Western Australia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 150-157.
- Raftopoulou, Athina, 2017. "Geographic determinants of individual obesity risk in Spain: A multilevel approach," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 185-193.
- Lane, Jodi & Meeker, James W., 2005. "Theories and fear of gang crime among Whites and Latinos: A replication and extension of prior research," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 627-641.
- Chen, Duan-Rung & Wen, Tzai-Hung, 2010. "Socio-spatial patterns of neighborhood effects on adult obesity in Taiwan: A multi-level model," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 823-833, March.
- Schafer, Joseph A. & Huebner, Beth M. & Bynum, Timothy S., 2006. "Fear of crime and criminal victimization: Gender-based contrasts," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 285-301.
- Stafford, Mai & Cummins, Steven & Ellaway, Anne & Sacker, Amanda & Wiggins, Richard D. & Macintyre, Sally, 2007. "Pathways to obesity: Identifying local, modifiable determinants of physical activity and diet," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(9), pages 1882-1897, November.
- Miles, Rebecca, 2006. "Neighborhood disorder and smoking: Findings of a European urban survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(9), pages 2464-2475, November.
- Ha, Yoonsook & Ybarra, Marci, 2014. "The role of parental immigration status in Latino families' child care selection," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(P3), pages 342-351.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:30:y:2002:i:5:p:417-427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .