Social identity perspective on brand loyalty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tian, Kelly Tepper & Bearden, William O & Hunter, Gary L, 2001. " Consumer's Need for Uniqueness: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 50-66, June.
- Fournier, Susan, 1998. " Consumers and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 343-373, March.
- Longinos Marin & Salvador Ruiz & Alicia Rubio, 2009. "The Role of Identity Salience in the Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility on Consumer Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 65-78, January.
- Kressmann, Frank & Sirgy, M. Joseph & Herrmann, Andreas & Huber, Frank & Huber, Stephanie & Lee, Dong-Jin, 2006. "Direct and indirect effects of self-image congruence on brand loyalty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 955-964, September.
- Oliver, Richard L, 1993. " Cognitive, Affective, and Attribute BAses of the Satisfaction Response," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 418-430, December.
- Grewal, Dhruv & Iyer, Gopalkrishnan R. & Krishnan, R. & Sharma, Arun, 2003. "The Internet and the price-value-loyalty chain," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 391-398, May.
- Woodside, Arch G. & Walser, Martin G., 2007. "Building strong brands in retailing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Csikszentmihalyi, Mihaly, 2000. " The Costs and Benefits of Consuming," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 267-272, September.
- Jan-Benedict E M Steenkamp & Rajeev Batra & Dana L Alden, 2003. "How perceived brand globalness creates brand value," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(1), pages 53-65, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aguirre-Rodriguez, Alexandra & Bóveda-Lambie, Adriana M. & Montoya, Detra Y., 2014. "Exploring ethnic consumer response to crossover brand extensions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 457-463.
- Mandy Loh & Maisarah Ahmad & Suhaila Abdul Kadir & Syed Shah Alam, 2015. "Influence Of Customer Values And Self-Image Congruity On Customer Behavior-Based Crm Performance," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 0(1), pages 23-44, May.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:52-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ishaq, Muhammad Ishtiaq & Hussain, Nazia & Asim, Ali Ijaz & Cheema, Luqman J., 2014. "Valor da marca na indústria hoteleira paquistanesa," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 54(3), May.
- Palmer, Adrian & Koenig-Lewis, Nicole & Asaad, Yousra, 2016. "Brand identification in higher education: A conditional process analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 3033-3040.
- Richetin, Juliette & Mattavelli, Simone & Perugini, Marco, 2016. "Increasing implicit and explicit attitudes toward an organic food brand by referencing to oneself," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 96-108.
- Ali Asghar Rashid & Ali Hamidizade & Mohhamad Rahim Esfidani & Hasan Zaree Matin, 2016. "The effect of cause-related marketing on the consumer purchase intention: focusing on the meditating variables (studied on clients of Ghalamchi educational services)," International Journal of Business Forecasting and Marketing Intelligence, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3), pages 233-247.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1096-1102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolter, Jeremy S. & Brach, Simon & Cronin, J. Joseph & Bonn, Mark, 2016. "Symbolic drivers of consumer–brand identification and disidentification," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 785-793.
- Elbedweihy, Alaa M. & Jayawardhena, Chanaka & Elsharnouby, Mohamed H. & Elsharnouby, Tamer H., 2016. "Customer relationship building: The role of brand attractiveness and consumer–brand identification," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 2901-2910.
- repec:eee:touman:v:52:y:2016:i:c:p:82-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Su, Lujun & Swanson, Scott R. & Chinchanachokchai, Sydney & Hsu, Maxwell K. & Chen, Xiaohong, 2016. "Reputation and intentions: The role of satisfaction, identification, and commitment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3261-3269.
- Badrinarayanan, Vishag & Suh, Taewon & Kim, Kyung-Min, 2016. "Brand resonance in franchising relationships: A franchisee-based perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 3943-3950.
- repec:eee:touman:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:640-651 is not listed on IDEAS
- Costa, S. & Hérault-Fournier, C. & Sirieix, L., 2015. "Rôle de la proximité et de l’identification dans la fidélité des consommateurs au point de vente dans différents circuits de distribution," Working Papers MOISA 201504, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro - Montpellier, France.
- Rommel Salvador & Altaf Merchant & Elizabeth Alexander, 2014. "Faith and Fair Trade: The Moderating Role of Contextual Religious Salience," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 353-371, May.
- Liao, Shuling & Chou, Cindy Yunhsin & Lin, Tzu-Han, 2015. "Adverse behavioral and relational consequences of service innovation failure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 834-839.
- Mattison Thompson, Frauke & Newman, Alex & Liu, Martin, 2014. "The moderating effect of individual level collectivist values on brand loyalty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(11), pages 2437-2446.
More about this item
KeywordsCustomer–brand identification; Company identity; Brand identity; Social identity; Brand loyalty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:65:y:2012:i:5:p:648-657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.