Loan managers’ trust and credit access for SMEs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lehmann, Erik & Neuberger, Doris, 2001. "Do lending relationships matter?: Evidence from bank survey data in Germany," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 339-359, August.
- Elsas, Ralf & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 1998.
"Is relationship lending special? Evidence from credit-file data in Germany,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1283-1316, October.
- Elsas, Ralf & Krahnen, Jan Pieter, 1998. "Is relationship lending special? Evidence from credit-file data in Germany," CFS Working Paper Series 1998/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Martin Brown & Christian Zehnder, 2007.
"Credit Reporting, Relationship Banking, and Loan Repayment,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(8), pages 1883-1918, December.
- Martin Brown & Christian Zehnder, 2006. "Credit Reporting, Relationship Banking, and Loan Repayment," Working Papers 2006-03, Swiss National Bank.
- Howorth, Carole & Peel, Michael J & Wilson, Nicholas, 2003. "An Examination of the Factors Associated with Bank Switching in the U.K. Small Firm Sector," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 305-317, June.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Korting, Timm, 1998. "Lending relationships in Germany - Empirical evidence from survey data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1317-1353, October.
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2005.
"Debt Maturity, Risk, and Asymmetric Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2895-2923, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2004. "Debt maturity, risk, and asymmetric information," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & W. Scott Frame & Nathan H. Miller, 2004. "Debt maturity, risk, and asymmetric information," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Marco A Espinosa-Vega & Allen N. Berger & Nathan H. Miller & W. Scott Frame, 2005. "Debt Maturity, Risk, and Asymmetric Information," IMF Working Papers 05/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Berger, Allen N. & Udell, Gregory F., 2006. "A more complete conceptual framework for SME finance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2945-2966, November.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Udell, Gregory F. & Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 2012.
"Loan officers and relationship lending to SMEs,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 97-122.
- Hirofumi Uchida & Gregory F. Udell & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2008. "Loan officers and relationship lending to SMEs," Working Paper Series 2008-17, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Hirofumi Uchida & Gregory F. Udell & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2009. "Loan Officers and Relationship Lending to SMEs," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 16, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1995. "Relationship Lending and Lines of Credit in Small Firm Finance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 351-381, July.
- Sumit Agarwal & Robert Hauswald, 2008. "The choice between arm's-length and relationship debt: evidence from e-loans," Working Paper Series WP-08-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 2002. "Information Production and Capital Allocation: Decentralized versus Hierarchical Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 1891-1921, October.
- Cole, Rebel A., 1998. "The importance of relationships to the availability of credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 959-977, August.
- von Rheinbaben, Joachim & Ruckes, Martin, 2004. "The number and the closeness of bank relationships," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1597-1615, July.
- Ginés Hernández-Cánovas & Pedro Martínez-Solano, 2010. "Relationship lending and SME financing in the continental European bank-based system," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 465-482, May.
- Nooteboom, B. & Berger, H. & Noorderhaven, N.G., 1997. "Effects of trust and governance on relational risk," Other publications TiSEM 8e83932e-064c-40e8-afe7-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- dos Santos, Marco Aurélio & Fávero, Luiz Paulo Lopes & Distadio, Luiz Fernando, 2016. "Adoption of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) on companies’ financing structure in emerging economies," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 179-189.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9794-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Jozef Habanik & Petr Novak & Jaroslav Belas & Eva Cipovova, 2014. "Actual Trends in Business Risks for Small and Medium Enterprises. Case Studies from the Czech Republic and Slovakia," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 4, pages 159-181.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:136-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aleksandr Kljucnikov & Jaroslav Belas, 2016. "Approaches Of Czech Entrepreneurs To Debt Financing And Management Of Credit Risk," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 11(2), pages 343-365, June.
- Catherine Refait-Alexandre & Stéphanie Serve, 2015.
"« Multiple banking relationships: do SMEs mistrust their banks? »,"
- Catherine Refait-Alexandre & Stéphanie Serve, 2017. "« Multiple banking relationships: do SMEs mistrust their banks? »," Post-Print hal-01556460, HAL.
- Catherine Refait-Alexandre & Stéphanie Serve, 2016. "Multiple Banking Relationships: Do SMEs Mistrust Their Banks?," Working Papers hal-01376901, HAL.
- Catherine Refait-Alexandre & Stéphanie Serve, 2016. "Multiple banking relationships: do SMEs mistrust their banks?," Working Papers 2016-02, CRESE.
- repec:spr:rvmgts:v:11:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11846-016-0194-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Kun Liang & Cuiqing Jiang & Zhangxi Lin & Weihong Ning & Zelin Jia, 2017. "The nature of sellers’ cyber credit in C2C e-commerce: the perspective of social capital," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 133-147, March.
- Jaroslav Belás & Yuriy Bilan & Valér Demjan & Juraj Sipko, 2015. "Entrepreneurship in SME Segment: Case Study from the Czech Republic and Slovakia," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(38), pages 308-308, February.
- Berger, Allen N. & Goulding, William & Rice, Tara, 2014. "Do small businesses still prefer community banks?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 264-278.
- Silvia Angilella & Sebastiano Mazz`u, 2013. "The Financing of Innovative SMEs: a multicriteria credit rating model," Papers 1308.0889, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
- Nguyen, Thi Nhung & Gan, Christopher & Hu, Baiding, 2015. "An empirical analysis of credit accessibility of small and medium sized enterprises in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 81911, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Angilella, Silvia & Mazzù, Sebastiano, 2015. "The financing of innovative SMEs: A multicriteria credit rating model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(2), pages 540-554.
- Kim, Moshe & Surroca, Jordi & Tribó, Josep A., 2014. "Impact of ethical behavior on syndicated loan rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 122-144.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit access; Relationship lending; SMEs; Trust;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:37:y:2013:i:3:p:927-936. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.