The number and the closeness of bank relationships
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C., 2000. "What Determines the Number of Bank Relationships? Cross-Country Evidence," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 26-56, January.
- Enrica Detragiache & Paolo Garella & Luigi Guiso, 2000. "Multiple versus Single Banking Relationships: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1133-1161, June.
- Michael Manove & A. Jorge Padilla, 1999. "Banking (Conservatively) with Optimists," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(2), pages 324-350, Summer.
- Bonaccorsi di Patti, Emilia & Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni, 2004.
"Bank Competition and Firm Creation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(2), pages 225-251, April.
- Emilia Bonaccorsi di Patti & Giovanni Dell & Ariccia#x2019, 2000. "Bank Competition and Firm Creation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-20, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Emilia Bonaccorsi Di Patti & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, 2003. "Bank competition and firm creation," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 481, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, 2001. "Bank Competition and Firm Creation," IMF Working Papers 01/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Emilia Bonaccorsi di Patti & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia, 2000. "Bank competition and firm creation," Proceedings 680, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Ongena, Steven & Smith, David C., 2001. "The duration of bank relationships," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 449-475, September.
- Campbell, Tim S., 1979. "Optimal Investment Financing Decisions and the Value of Confidentiality," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(05), pages 913-924, December.
- Milgrom, Paul & Shannon, Chris, 1994. "Monotone Comparative Statics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 157-180, January.
- Foglia, A. & Laviola, S. & Marullo Reedtz, P., 1998. "Multiple banking relationships and the fragility of corporate borrowers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1441-1456, October.
- Brander, James A. & Lewis, Tracy R., 1986. "Oligopoly and Financial Structure: The Limited Liability Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 956-970, December.
- Farinha, Luisa A. & Santos, Joao A. C., 2002.
"Switching from Single to Multiple Bank Lending Relationships: Determinants and Implications,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 124-151, April.
- João A. C. Santos & Luísa A. Farinha, 2000. "Switching from single to multiple bank lending relationships: determinants and implications," BIS Working Papers 83, Bank for International Settlements.
- Campbell, Tim S., 1979. "Abstract: Optimal Investment Financing Decisions and the Value of Confidentiality," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(04), pages 669-669, November.
- Bolton, Patrick & Scharfstein, David S, 1996. "Optimal Debt Structure and the Number of Creditors," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Sandra E. Black & Philip E. Strahan, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and Bank Credit Availability," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2807-2833, December.
- Bhattacharya Sudipto & Chiesa Gabriella, 1995. "Proprietary Information, Financial Intermediation, and Research Incentives," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 328-357, October.
- Padilla, A Jorge & Pagano, Marco, 1997.
"Endogenous Communication among Lenders and Entrepreneurial Incentives,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 205-236.
- Padilla, A.J. & Pagano, M., 1994. "Endogenous Communication Among Lenders and Entrepreneurial Incentives," Papers 9407, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Padilla, Atilano Jorge & Pagano, Marco, 1996. "Endogenous Communication Among Lenders and Entrepreneurial Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 1295, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yosha Oved, 1995. "Information Disclosure Costs and the Choice of Financing Source," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 3-20, January.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Michel Poitevin, 1989. "Collusion and the Banking Structure of a Duopoly," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(2), pages 263-277, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hernandez-Canovas, Gines & Koeter-Kant, Johanna, 2006. "The European Institutional Environment and SME Relationship Lending: Should We Care?," Serie Research Memoranda 0019, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Hans Degryse & Nancy Masschelein & Janet Mitchell, 2004. "Belgian SMEs and bank lending relationships," Financial Stability Review, National Bank of Belgium, vol. 2(1), pages 121-133, June.
- Etumudon Ndidi Asien, 2016. "Determinants of Number of Bankers by Listed Nigerian Firms," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(2), pages 1-13, April.
- Yu, Hai-Chin & Sopranzetti, Ben J. & Lee, Cheng-Few, 2012. "Multiple banking relationships, managerial ownership concentration and firm value: A simultaneous equations approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 286-297.
- Braggion, Fabio & Ongena, Steven, 2013. "A Century of Firm – Bank Relationships: Did Banking Sector Deregulation Spur Firms to Add Banks and Borrow More?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9695, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ginés Hernández-Cánovas & Pedro Martínez-Solano, 2010. "Relationship lending and SME financing in the continental European bank-based system," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 465-482, May.
- Giacinto Micucci & Paola Rossi, 2017. "Financing R&D investments: an analysis on Italian manufacturing firms and their lending banks," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 44(1), pages 23-49, March.
- Gómez-González, José Eduardo & Reyes, Nidia Ruth, 2011. "The number of banking relationships and the business cycle: New evidence from Colombia," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 408-418, September.
- Neuberger, Doris & Räthke, Solvig, 2006. "Microenterprises and multiple bank relationships: Evidence from a survey among professionals," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 61, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Claude Fluet & Paolo G. Garella, 2014.
"Debt Rescheduling with Multiple Lenders: Relying on the Information of Others,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(324), pages 698-720, October.
- Claude Fluet & Paolo G. Garella, 2013. "Debt Rescheduling with Multiple Lenders: Relying on the Information of Others," Cahiers de recherche 1332, CIRPEE.
- Luigi Guiso & Raoul Minetti, 2010.
"The Structure of Multiple Credit Relationships: Evidence from U.S. Firms,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(6), pages 1037-1071, September.
- Luigi Guiso & Raoul Minetti, 2007. "The Structure of Multiple Credit Relationships: Evidence from US Firms," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/46, European University Institute.
- Cenni, Stefano & Monferrà, Stefano & Salotti, Valentina & Sangiorgi, Marco & Torluccio, Giuseppe, 2015. "Credit rationing and relationship lending. Does firm size matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 249-265.
- Hakimi, Abdelaziz & Hamdi, Helmi, 2013. "The duration of bank relationships and the performance of Tunisian firms," MPRA Paper 55754, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2014.
- Giannetti, Caterina, 2012. "Relationship lending and firm innovativeness," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 762-781.
- Ginés Hernández-Cánovas & Johanna Koëter-Kant, 2010. "The institutional environment and the number of bank relationships: an empirical analysis of European SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 375-390, May.
- Moro, Andrea & Fink, Matthias, 2013. "Loan managers’ trust and credit access for SMEs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 927-936.
- Doris Neuberger & Solvig Räthke, 2009. "Microenterprises and multiple bank relationships: The case of professionals," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 207-229, February.
- Creane, Anthony, 2007. "Productivity information in vertical sharing agreements," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 821-841, August.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:62:y:2017:i:01:n:s0217590816500247 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:28:y:2004:i:7:p:1597-1615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.