Estimating the cost of capital with basis assets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eberhart, Allan C., 2001. "Comparable firms and the precision of equity valuations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1367-1400, July.
- Clarke, Richard N, 1989. "SICs as Delineators of Economic Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 17-31, January.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1971. "Improved Forecasting Through the Design of Homogeneous Groups," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 432-450, October.
- Dimson, Elroy & Mussavian, Massoud, 1999. "Three centuries of asset pricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 1745-1769, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Goetzmann, William N., 1997. "Mutual fund styles," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 373-399, March.
- J.P. Gond & A. El Akremi & J. Igalens & V. Swaen, 2011. "A corporate social responsibility," Post-Print hal-00826426, HAL.
- Stephen J. Brown & William N. Goetzmann & Mark Grinblatt, 1998.
"Positive Portfolio Factors,"
NBER Working Papers
6412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen J. Brown & William N. Goetzmann & Mark Grinblatt, 2004. "Positive Portfolio Factors," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm27, Yale School of Management.
- Stephen Brown & William Goetzmann & Mark Grinblatt, 1998. "Positive Portfolio Factors," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm87, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2008.
- El Ghoul, Sadok & Guedhami, Omrane & Kwok, Chuck C.Y. & Mishra, Dev R., 2011. "Does corporate social responsibility affect the cost of capital?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2388-2406, September.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1988. "Comment on the Modigliani-Miller Propositions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 127-133, Fall.
- Fertuck, Leonard, 1975. "A Test of Industry Indices Based on SIC Codes," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(05), pages 837-848, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Chou, Pin-Huang & Ho, Po-Hsin & Ko, Kuan-Cheng, 2012. "Do industries matter in explaining stock returns and asset-pricing anomalies?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 355-370.
- John H. Cochrane, 2011. "Presidential Address: Discount Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(4), pages 1047-1108, August.
- Dong-Hyun Ahn & Jennifer Conrad & Robert F. Dittmar, 2009. "Basis Assets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(12), pages 5133-5174, December.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1997. "Industry costs of equity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-193, February.
- Farrell, James L, Jr, 1974. "Analyzing Covariation of Returns to Determine Homogeneous Stock Groupings," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 186-207, April.
- Boness, A James & Frankfurter, George M, 1977. "Evidence of Non-Homogeneity of Capital Costs within "Risk-Classes."," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 775-787, June.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Sanjeev Bhojraj & Charles M. C. Lee & Derek K. Oler, 2003. "What's My Line? A Comparison of Industry Classification Schemes for Capital Market Research," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 745-774, December.
- Litzenberger, Robert H. & Rao, C. U., 1972. "Portfolio Theory and Industry Cost of Capital Estimates," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 1443-1462, March.
- Elton, Edwin J. & Gruber, Martin J., 1970. "Homogeneous Groups and the Testing of Economic Hypotheses," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(05), pages 581-602, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mirela Nichita & Carmen Turlea, 2015. "Approach Regarding a Framework for Risk Reporting in Order to Enhance the Related Good Practices," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(40), pages 1108-1108, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCost of capital; Risk equivalent classes; Industry; Basis assets;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:36:y:2012:i:11:p:3071-3079. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.