The effects of regulation on industry structure and trade generation in the US securities industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Katrina Ellis & Roni Michaely & Maureen O'Hara, 2000. "When the Underwriter Is the Market Maker: An Examination of Trading in the IPO Aftermarket," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1039-1074, June.
- Chaplinsky, Susan & Erwin, Gayle R., 2009. "Great expectations: Banks as equity underwriters," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 380-389, February.
- Richard B. Carter & Frederick H. Dark & Ajai K. Singh, 1998. "Underwriter Reputation, Initial Returns, and the Long-Run Performance of IPO Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 285-311, February.
- Andrew R. Jackson, 2005. "Trade Generation, Reputation, and Sell-Side Analysts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(2), pages 673-717, April.
- Clarke, Jonathan & Subramanian, Ajay, 2006.
"Dynamic forecasting behavior by analysts: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 81-113, April.
- Ajay Subramanian & Jonathan Clarke, 2004. "Dynamic Forecasting Behavior by Analysts: Theory and Evidence," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 546, Econometric Society.
- Eleswarapu, Venkat R. & Thompson, Rex & Venkataraman, Kumar, 2004. "The Impact of Regulation Fair Disclosure: Trading Costs and Information Asymmetry," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(02), pages 209-225, June.
- Autore, Don M. & Kovacs, Tunde & Sharma, Vivek, 2009. "Do analyst recommendations reflect shareholder rights?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 193-202, February.
- Carter, Richard B & Manaster, Steven, 1990. " Initial Public Offerings and Underwriter Reputation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1045-1067, September.
- Bagnoli, Mark & Watts, Susan G. & Zhang, Yong, 2008. "Reg-FD and the competitiveness of all-star analysts," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 295-316.
- Katrina Ellis & Roni Michaely & Maureen O'Hara, 2002. "The Making of a Dealer Market: From Entry to Equilibrium in the Trading of Nasdaq Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2289-2316, October.
- Bradley, Daniel & Chan, Konan & Kim, Joonghyuk & Singh, Ajai, 2008. "Are there long-run implications of analyst coverage for IPOs?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1120-1132, June.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lehavy, Reuven & Trueman, Brett, 2007. "Comparing the stock recommendation performance of investment banks and independent research firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 490-517, August.
- de Jong, Pieter J. & Apilado, Vince P., 2009. "The changing relationship between earnings expectations and earnings for value and growth stocks during Reg FD," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 435-442, February.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 2003. "Analyzing the Analysts: Career Concerns and Biased Earnings Forecasts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 313-351, February.
- Irvine, P. J. A., 2000. "Do analysts generate trade for their firms? Evidence from the Toronto stock exchange," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 209-226, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cumming, Douglas & Zambelli, Simona, 2013. "Private equity performance under extreme regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1508-1523.
- Niehaus, Greg & Zhang, Donghang, 2010. "The impact of sell-side analyst research coverage on an affiliated broker's market share of trading volume," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 776-787, April.
- Demirbag, Mehmet & McGuinness, Martina & Akin, Ahmet & Bayyurt, Nizamettin & Basti, Eyup, 2016. "The professional service firm (PSF) in a globalised economy: A study of the efficiency of securities firms in an emerging market," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1089-1102.
- Cumming, Douglas & Zambelli, Simona, 2010. "Illegal buyouts," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 441-456, February.
- Anolli, Mario & Beccalli, Elena & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank earnings forecasts, risk and the crisis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 309-335.
- Grant, Andrew & Jarnecic, Elvis & Su, Mark, 2015. "Asymmetric effects of sell-side analyst optimism and broker market share by clientele," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 49-65.
More about this item
KeywordsAnalysts Brokerage Market share;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:33:y:2009:i:8:p:1434-1445. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.