Regulatory learning in failed thrift auctions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rebel A. Cole & Robert A. Eisenbeis & Joseph A. McKenzie, 1993. "Asymmetric-information and principal-agent problems as sources of value in FSLIC-assisted acquisitions of insolvent thrifts," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Thomas F. Gosnell & Sylvia C. Hidgins & Joahn A. MacDonald, 1993. "The Acquisition of Failing Thrifts: Returns to Acquirers," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(4), Winter.
- James, Christopher & Wier, Peggy, 1987. "An analysis of FDIC failed bank auctions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 141-153, July.
- Dodd, Peter & Warner, Jerold B., 1983. "On corporate governance : A study of proxy contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 401-438, April.
- Atul Gupta & Lalatendu Misra, 1999. "Failure and Failure Resolution in the US Thrift and Banking Industries," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 28(4), Winter.
- Gupta, Atul & Misra, Lalatendu, 2000. "The Value of Experiential Learning by Organizations: Evidence from International Joint Ventures," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 77-102, Spring.
- Gupta, Atul, 1997. "The Value of a Regulatory Seal of Approval," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 111-28, Spring.
- Gupta, Atul & LeCompte, Richard L. B. & Misra, Lalatendu, 1993. "FSLIC assistance and the wealth effects of savings and loan acquisitions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 117-128, February.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Zhang, Hao, 1997. "Repeated acquirers in FDIC assisted acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1419-1430, October.
- Gupta, Atul & LeCompte, Richard L. B. & Misra, Lalatendu, 1997. "Taxpayer subsidies in failed thrift resolution: The impact of FIRREA," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 327-339, July.
- Baibirer, Sheldon D. & Jud, G. Donald & Lindahl, Frederick W., 1992. "Regulation, competition, and abnormal returns in the market for failed thrifts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 107-131.
- Millon Cornett, Marcia & De, Sankar, 1991. "Common stock returns in corporate takeover bids: Evidence from interstate bank mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 273-295, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:26:y:2002:i:4:p:651-669. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.