The Role of Information in Resolution Trust Corporation Auctions of Failed Thrifts
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James, Christopher, 1991. " The Losses Realized in Bank Failures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1223-42, September.
- James, Christopher & Wier, Peggy, 1987. "An analysis of FDIC failed bank auctions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 141-153, July.
- Laffont & Ossard & Vuong, 1995. "Econometrics of first-price auctions," Working Papers 153731, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Porter, Robert H, 1995.
"The Role of Information in U.S. Offshore Oil and Gas Lease Auctions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Robert H. Porter, 1992. "The Role of Information in U.S. Offshore Oil and Gas Lease Auctions," Discussion Papers 1008, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Robert H. Porter, 1992. "The Role of Information in U.S. Offshore Oil and Gas Lease Auctions," NBER Working Papers 4185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebel A. Cole & Robert A. Eisenbeis & Joseph A. McKenzie, 1993. "Asymmetric-information and principal-agent problems as sources of value in FSLIC-assisted acquisitions of insolvent thrifts," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Ossard, Hervé & Vuong, Quang, 1991.
"Econometrics of First-Price Auctions,"
IDEI Working Papers
7, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Stover, Roger D., 1997. "Early resolution of troubled financial institutions: An examination of the accelerated resolution program," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(8), pages 1179-1194, August.
- Wilson, Robert, 1992. "Strategic analysis of auctions," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 227-279 Elsevier.
- Gupta, Atul & LeCompte, Richard L. B. & Misra, Lalatendu, 1993. "FSLIC assistance and the wealth effects of savings and loan acquisitions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 117-128, February.
- Brannman, Lance & Klein, J Douglass & Weiss, Leonard W, 1987. "The Price Effects of Increased Competition in Auction Markets," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 24-32, February.
- Cochran, Bruce & Rose, Lawrence C. & Fraser, Donald R., 1995. "A market evaluation of FDIC assisted transactions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 261-279, May.
- Paarsch, Harry J., 1992. "Deciding between the common and private value paradigms in empirical models of auctions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 191-215.
- Giliberto, S Michael & Varaiya, Nikhil P, 1989. " The Winner's Curse and Bidder Competition in Acquisitions: Evidence from Failed Bank Auctions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 59-75, March.
- Nikhil Varaiya & David Ely, 1997. "Assessing the Resolution of Insolvent Thrift Institutions post FIRREA: The Impact of Resolution Delays," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 255-282, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:14:y:1998:i:3:p:209-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.