Bundling, integration and the delivered price of air travel: are low cost carriers full service competitors?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Curtis Eaton, B. & Lipsey, Richard G., 1989. "Product differentiation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 723-768 Elsevier.
- Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1997. "Substitution and complementarity in aviation: airports vs airlines," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 275-286, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dapeng Zhang & Xiaokun Wang, 2016. "Investigating the Dynamic Spillover Effects of Low-Cost Airlines on Airport Airfare Through Spatio-Temporal Regression Models," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 821-836, September.
- Daft, Jost & Albers, Sascha, 2012. "A profitability analysis of low-cost long-haul flight operations," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 49-54.
- Budd, Lucy & Francis, Graham & Humphreys, Ian & Ison, Stephen, 2014. "Grounded: Characterising the market exit of European low cost airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, pages 78-85.
- Albers, Sascha & Heuermann, Caroline & Koch, Benjamin, 2009. "International market entry strategies of EU and Asia-Pacific low fare airlines," Working Paper Series 106, University of Cologne, Department of Business Policy and Logistics.
- Homsombat, Winai & Lei, Zheng & Fu, Xiaowen, 2014. "Competitive effects of the airlines-within-airlines strategy – Pricing and route entry patterns," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1-16.
- Arjomandi, Amir & Seufert, Juergen Heinz, 2014. "An evaluation of the world's major airlines' technical and environmental performance," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 133-144.
- repec:eee:touman:v:31:y:2010:i:1:p:36-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seo, Kwanglim & Moon, Joonho & Lee, Seoki, 2015. "Synergy of corporate social responsibility and service quality for airlines: The moderating role of carrier type," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, pages 126-134.
- Warnock-Smith, David & Potter, Andrew, 2005. "An exploratory study into airport choice factors for European low-cost airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, pages 388-392.
- Barbot, Cristina & D’Alfonso, Tiziana & Malighetti, Paolo & Redondi, Renato, 2013. "Vertical collusion between airports and airlines: An empirical test for the European case," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 3-15.
- De Borger, Bruno & Van Dender, Kurt, 2006. "Prices, capacities and service levels in a congestible Bertrand duopoly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 264-283, September.
- Eugeni Aguiló & Belen Rey & Jaume Rosselló & Catalina M. Torres, 2007. "The Impact of the Post-Liberalisation Growth of LCCs on the Tourism Trends in Spain," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(1), pages 39-60, January-F.
- FrÃ¶hlich, Karsten & Niemeier, Hans-Martin, 2011. "The importance of spatial economics for assessing airport competition," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 44-48.
- Basso, Leonardo J. & Zhang, Anming, 2007. "Congestible facility rivalry in vertical structures," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 218-237, March.
- Zhang, Anming & Fu, Xiaowen & Yang, Hangjun (Gavin), 2010. "Revenue sharing with multiple airlines and airports," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(8-9), pages 944-959, September.
- Diaconu Maxim Laura, 2012. "The Development of the Low-Cost Carriers’ Business Models. Southwest Airlines Case Study," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, pages 231-238.
- Yetiskul, Emine & Matsushima, Kakuya & Kobayashi, Kiyoshi, 2005. "Airline Network Structure with Thick Market Externality," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 143-163, January.
- Barbot, Cristina & D'Alfonso, Tiziana, 2014. "Why do contracts between airlines and airports fail?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 34-41.
- Jorge Valido & M. Pilar Socorro & Francesca Medda, 2013. "DYPES: Vertical differentiation, schedule delay and entry deterrence: Low cost vs. full service airlines," Working Papers 2013-05, FEDEA.
- Gillen, David & Morrison, William G., 2005. "Regulation, competition and network evolution in aviation," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, pages 161-174.
- Albers, Sascha & Heuermann, Caroline & Koch, Benjamin, 2010. "Internationalization strategies of EU and Asiaâ€“Pacific low fare airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, pages 244-250.
More about this item
KeywordsAirport competition; Low cost carriers; Airline competition; Vertical relationships;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:9:y:2003:i:1:p:15-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .