Bundling, integration and the delivered price of air travel: are low cost carriers full service competitors?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Curtis Eaton, B. & Lipsey, Richard G., 1989. "Product differentiation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 723-768 Elsevier.
- Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1997. "Substitution and complementarity in aviation: airports vs airlines," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 275-286, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barbot, Cristina & D’Alfonso, Tiziana & Malighetti, Paolo & Redondi, Renato, 2013. "Vertical collusion between airports and airlines: An empirical test for the European case," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 3-15.
- Albers, Sascha & Heuermann, Caroline & Koch, Benjamin, 2009. "International market entry strategies of EU and Asia-Pacific low fare airlines," Working Paper Series 106, University of Cologne, Department of Business Policy and Logistics.
- De Borger, Bruno & Van Dender, Kurt, 2006. "Prices, capacities and service levels in a congestible Bertrand duopoly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 264-283, September.
- Diaconu Maxim Laura, 2012. "The Development of the Low-Cost Carriers’ Business Models. Southwest Airlines Case Study," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 59(1), pages 231-238, July.
- Eugeni Aguiló & Belen Rey & Jaume Rosselló & Catalina M. Torres, 2007. "The Impact of the Post-Liberalisation Growth of LCCs on the Tourism Trends in Spain," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 97(1), pages 39-60, January-F.
- Yetiskul, Emine & Matsushima, Kakuya & Kobayashi, Kiyoshi, 2005. "Airline Network Structure with Thick Market Externality," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 143-163, January.
- Homsombat, Winai & Lei, Zheng & Fu, Xiaowen, 2014. "Competitive effects of the airlines-within-airlines strategy – Pricing and route entry patterns," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1-16.
- Arjomandi, Amir & Seufert, Juergen Heinz, 2014. "An evaluation of the world's major airlines' technical and environmental performance," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 133-144.
- Barbot, Cristina & D'Alfonso, Tiziana, 2014. "Why do contracts between airlines and airports fail?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 34-41.
- repec:eee:touman:v:31:y:2010:i:1:p:36-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dapeng Zhang & Xiaokun Wang, 2016. "Investigating the Dynamic Spillover Effects of Low-Cost Airlines on Airport Airfare Through Spatio-Temporal Regression Models," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 821-836, September.
- Seo, Kwanglim & Moon, Joonho & Lee, Seoki, 2015. "Synergy of corporate social responsibility and service quality for airlines: The moderating role of carrier type," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 126-134.
- FrÃ¶hlich, Karsten & Niemeier, Hans-Martin, 2011. "The importance of spatial economics for assessing airport competition," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 44-48.
- Basso, Leonardo J. & Zhang, Anming, 2007. "Congestible facility rivalry in vertical structures," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 218-237, March.
- Zhang, Anming & Fu, Xiaowen & Yang, Hangjun (Gavin), 2010. "Revenue sharing with multiple airlines and airports," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(8-9), pages 944-959, September.
- Daft, Jost & Albers, Sascha, 2012. "A profitability analysis of low-cost long-haul flight operations," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 49-54.
- Jorge Valido & M. Pilar Socorro & Francesca Medda, 2013. "DYPES: Vertical differentiation, schedule delay and entry deterrence: Low cost vs. full service airlines," Working Papers 2013-05, FEDEA.
- Gillen, David & Morrison, William G., 2005. "Regulation, competition and network evolution in aviation," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 161-174.
- Albers, Sascha & Heuermann, Caroline & Koch, Benjamin, 2010. "Internationalization strategies of EU and Asiaâ€“Pacific low fare airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 244-250.
- Warnock-Smith, David & Potter, Andrew, 2005. "An exploratory study into airport choice factors for European low-cost airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 388-392.
- Budd, Lucy & Francis, Graham & Humphreys, Ian & Ison, Stephen, 2014. "Grounded: Characterising the market exit of European low cost airlines," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 78-85.
More about this item
KeywordsAirport competition; Low cost carriers; Airline competition; Vertical relationships;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:9:y:2003:i:1:p:15-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.