How important are commercial revenues to today's airports?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Geuens & D. Vantomme & M. Brengman, 2003. "Developing a typology of airport shoppers," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/206, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Torres, E. & DomÃnguez, J.S. & ValdÃ©s, L. & Aza, R., 2005. "Passenger waiting time in an airport and expenditure carried out in the commercial area," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 363-367.
- Freathy, Paul, 2004. "The commercialisation of European airports: successful strategies in a decade of turbulence?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 191-197.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Castillo-Manzano, José I., 2010. "Determinants of commercial revenues at airports: Lessons learned from Spanish regional airports," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 788-796.
- Wu, Hanjun & Tsui, Kan Wai Hong, 2020. "Does a reward program affect customersâ€™ behavioural intention of visiting the airport? A case study of Singapore Changi Airport," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
- Fasone, Vincenzo & Kofler, Lukas & Scuderi, Raffaele, 2016. "Business performance of airports: Non-aviation revenues and their determinants," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 35-45.
- Fuerst, Franz & Gross, Sven & Klose, Ulf, 2011.
"The sky is the limit? The determinants and constraints of European airports commercial revenues,"
Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 278-283.
- Franz Fuerst & Sven Gross & Ulf Klose, "undated". "The Sky is the Limit? The Determinants and Constraints of European Airports' Commercial Revenues," Real Estate & Planning Working Papers rep-wp2010-14, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Del Chiappa, Giacomo & Martin, Juan Carlos & Roman, Concepcion, 2016. "Service quality of airports' food and beverage retailers. A fuzzy approach," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 105-113.
- Fuerst, Franz & Gross, Sven, 2018. "The commercial performance of global airports," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 123-131.
- Lin, Yi-Hsin & Chen, Ching-Fu, 2013. "Passengers' shopping motivations and commercial activities at airports – The moderating effects of time pressure and impulse buying tendency," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 426-434.
- Perng, Shiaw-Wuu & Chow, Chia-Chuan & Liao, Wu-Cheng, 2010. "Analysis of shopping preference and satisfaction with airport retailing products," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 279-283.
- Jiang, Changmin & Zhang, Anming, 2015. "Airport congestion pricing and terminal investment: Effects of terminal congestion, passenger types, and concessionsAuthor-Name: Wan, Yulai," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 91-113.
- Appold, Stephen J. & Kasarda, John D., 2006. "The appropriate scale of US airport retail activities," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 277-287.
- Tiziana D'Alfonso & Valentina Bracaglia & Yulai Wan, 2015. "Airport cities and multiproduct pricing," DIAG Technical Reports 2015-14, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Kosiba, John Paul & Acheampong, Audrey & Adeola, Ogechi & Hinson, Robert E., 2020. "The moderating role of demographic variables on customer expectations in airport retail patronage intentions of travellers," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Van Dender, Kurt, 2007. "Determinants of fares and operating revenues at US airports," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 317-336, September.
- Choi, Jong Hae, 2021. "Changes in airport operating procedures and implications for airport strategies post-COVID-19," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Fernández, Xosé Luis & Coto-Millán, Pablo & Díaz-Medina, Benito, 2018. "The impact of tourism on airport efficiency: The Spanish case," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 52-58.
- Choi, Jong Hae & Park, Yonghwa & Wang, Kun & Xia, Wenyi, 2020. "Whether low-cost-carrier passengers spend more on duty-free goods at the airport? Evidence from Incheon International Airport," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 86(C).
- Abdullahu Lorik & Reshidi Nail, 2018. "Factors Impacting Airport Performance: The Case of Prishtina and Tirana," Ekonomika (Economics), Sciendo, vol. 97(2), pages 91-105, December.
- Pedro Plasencia-Lozano, 2021. "An Ex Ante Analysis of the Planned Transportation Network in the Region of Extremadura (Spain) by Using Physical Parameters," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(11), pages 1-32, May.
- Chung, Yi-Shih & Wu, Cheng-Lung & Chiang, Wan-Erh, 2013. "Air passengers' shopping motivation and information seeking behaviour," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 25-28.
- Hampson, Daniel P. & McGoldrick, Peter J., 2013. "A typology of adaptive shopping patterns in recession," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 831-838.
More about this item
KeywordsAirports; Commercial revenues; Retail; Duty-free; Food and beverage;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaitra:v:15:y:2009:i:3:p:106-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.