An empirical analysis of the economic implications of fair value accounting for investment securities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-1153, September.
- Thompson, Rex, 1985. "Conditioning the Return-Generating Process on Firm-Specific Events: A Discussion of Event Study Methods," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 151-168, June.
- Healy, Paul M. & Kang, Sok-Hyon & Palepu, Krishna G., 1987. "The effect of accounting procedure changes on CEOs' cash salary and bonus compensation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-34, April.
- Lys, Thomas, 1984. "Mandated accounting changes and debt covenants : The case of oil and gas accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-65, April.
- repec:bla:joares:v:33:y:1995:i:2:p:263-291 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anne Beatty, 1995. "The effects of fair value accounting on investment portfolio management: how fair is it?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 25-39.
- Barth, Mary E. & Landsman, Wayne R. & Wahlen, James M., 1995. "Fair value accounting: Effects on banks' earnings volatility, regulatory capital, and value of contractual cash flows," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 577-605, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Justin Chircop & Zoltán Novotny-Farkas, 2014. "The economic consequences of including fair value adjustments to shareholders’ equity in regulatory capital calculations," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1426, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Gregory Heem & Dominique Dufour, 2012. "Crise financière et comptabilité : le cas du reclassement des instruments financiers dans les banques européennes," Post-Print halshs-00721108, HAL.
- David Procházka, 2011. "The Role of Fair Value Measurement in the Recent Financial Crunch," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(1), pages 71-88.
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:58:y:2018:i:2:p:561-597 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hilary, Gilles, 2003. "Accounting behavior of German firms after an ADR issuance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 355-376.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2803 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Dufour & Gregory Heem, 2013. "Les pratiques bancaires en matière de valorisation des instruments financiers en IFRS," Post-Print hal-00999675, HAL.
- Chircop, Justin & Novotny-Farkas, Zoltán, 2016. "The economic consequences of extending the use of fair value accounting in regulatory capital calculations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 183-203.
- Mary Barth & Wayne Landsman, 2010. "How did Financial Reporting Contribute to the Financial Crisis?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 399-423.
- Armstrong, Christopher & Barth, Mary E. & Jagolinzer, Alan D. & Riedl, Edward J., 2006. "Market Reaction to Events Surrounding the Adoption of IFRS in Europe," Research Papers 1937, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Rezaee, Zabihollah & Tehranian, Hassan, 1996. "An investigation of capital market reactions to pronouncements on fair value accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 119-154, October.
- Beatty, Anne & Liao, Scott, 2014. "Financial accounting in the banking industry: A review of the empirical literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 339-383.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:86:y:2018:i:c:p:204-223 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:8:y:2012:i:1:p:23-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher S. Armstrong & Mary E. Barth & Alan D. Jagolinzer & Edward J. Riedl, 2008. "Market Reaction to the Adoption of IFRS in Europe," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-032, Harvard Business School.
- Ramesh, K. & Revsine, Lawrence, 2000. "The effects of regulatory and contracting costs on banks' choice of accounting method for other postretirement employee benefits," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 159-186, October.
- Lys, Thomas, 1996. "Abandoning the transactions-based accounting model: Weighing the evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 155-175, October.
- Peter Easton & Peter Eddey, 1997. "The Relevance of Asset Revaluations over an Economic Cycle," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 7(13), pages 22-30, May.
- Laux, Christian, 2016. "The economic consequences of extending the use of fair value accounting in regulatory capital calculations: A discussion," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 204-208.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2329 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:22:y:1996:i:1-3:p:43-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.