An investigation of capital market reactions to pronouncements on fair value accounting
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 1992. "The market valuation implications of net periodic pension cost components," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 27-62, March.
- David L. Mengle, 1990. "Market Value Accounting And The Bank Balance Sheet," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 8(2), pages 82-94, 04.
- Carey, Mark, 1995. "Partial market value accounting, bank capital volatility, and bank risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 607-622, June.
- Press, Eric G. & Weintrop, Joseph B., 1990. "Accounting-based constraints in public and private debt agreements : Their association with leverage and impact on accounting choice," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-3), pages 65-95, January.
- Anne Beatty, 1995. "The effects of fair value accounting on investment portfolio management: how fair is it?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 25-39.
- Beatty, Anne & Chamberlain, Sandra & Magliolo, Joseph, 1996. "An empirical analysis of the economic implications of fair value accounting for investment securities," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 43-77, October.
- Lys, Thomas, 1984. "Mandated accounting changes and debt covenants : The case of oil and gas accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-65, April.
- Sweeney, Amy Patricia, 1994. "Debt-covenant violations and managers' accounting responses," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 281-308, May.
- Salatka, William K., 1989. "The impact of SFAS no. 8 on equity prices of early and late adopting firms : An events study and cross-sectional analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-69, February.
- Duke, Joanne C. & Hunt, Herbert III, 1990. "An empirical examination of debt covenant restrictions and accounting-related debt proxies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-3), pages 45-63, January.
- Charles S. Morris & Gordon H. Sellon, 1991. "Market value accounting for banks: pros and cons," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Mar, pages 5-19.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- Leftwich, Richard, 1981. "Evidence of the impact of mandatory changes in accounting principles on corporate loan agreements," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 3-36, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:22:y:1996:i:1-3:p:119-154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.