Political rents under alternative forms of judicial review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco Battaglini & Stephen Coate, 2007.
"Inefficiency in Legislative Policymaking: A Dynamic Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 118-149, March.
- Stephen Coate & Marco Battaglini, 2005. "Inefficiency in Legislative Policy-Making: A Dynamic Analysis," 2005 Meeting Papers 209, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Battaglini, Marco & Coate, Stephen, 2005. "Inefficiency in Legislative Policy-Making: A Dynamic Analysis," Papers 08-09-2005, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- Marco Battaglini & Stephen Coate, 2005. "Inefficiency in Legislative Policy-Making: A Dynamic Analysis," NBER Working Papers 11495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:04:p:1181-1206_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Banks, Jeffrey S. & Duggan, John, 2006. "A General Bargaining Model of Legislative Policy-making," Quarterly Journal of Political Science, now publishers, vol. 1(1), pages 49-85, January.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:92:y:1998:i:03:p:611-621_21 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:102:y:2008:i:04:p:435-452_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Langer, Laura, 2003. "Strategic Considerations and Judicial Review: The Case of Workers' Compensation Laws in the American States," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 116(1-2), pages 55-78, July.
- Gely, Rafael & Spiller, Pablo T., 1992. "The political economy of supreme court constitutional decisions: The case of Roosevelt's court-packing plan," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 45-67, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:90:y:1996:i:04:p:813-823_20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Georg Vanberg, 1998. "Abstract Judicial Review, Legislative Bargaining, and Policy Compromise," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 10(3), pages 299-326, July.
- T. Renee Bowen & Ying Chen & H?lya Eraslan, 2014.
"Mandatory versus Discretionary Spending: The Status Quo Effect,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(10), pages 2941-2974, October.
- T. Renee Bowen & Ying Chen & Hülya Eraslan, 2012. "Mandatory Versus Discretionary Spending: the Status Quo Effect," Economics Working Paper Archive 603, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- T. Renee Bowen & Ying Chen & Hulya Eraslan, 2012. "Mandatory Versus Discretionary Spending: The Status Quo Effect," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1229, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Bowen, T. Renee & Chen, Ying & Eraslan, Hulya, 2012. "Mandatory versus Discretionary Spending: The Status Quo Effect," Research Papers 2121, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Timothy Besley & Ethan Ilzetzki & Torsten Persson, 2013. "Weak States and Steady States: The Dynamics of Fiscal Capacity," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 205-235, October.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:91:y:1997:i:01:p:28-44_23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caldeira, Gregory A & Wright, John R & Zorn, Christopher J W, 1999. "Sophisticated Voting and Gate-Keeping in the Supreme Court," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 549-572, October.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Moselle, Boaz, 2002.
"Coalition and Party Formation in a Legislative Voting Game,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 49-87, March.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Moselle, Boaz, 1998. "Coalition and Party Formation in a Legislative Voting Game," Working Papers 1036, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Brian A. Marks, 2015. "A Model of Judicial Influence on Congressional Policy Making: Grove City College v. Bell," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(4), pages 843-875.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:02:p:557-565_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gely, Rafael & Spiller, Pablo T, 1990. "A Rational Choice Theory of Supreme Court Statutory Decisions with Applications to the State Farm and Grove City Cases," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 263-300, Fall.
- Garoupa, Nuno & Grembi, Veronica, 2015. "Judicial review and political partisanship: Moving from consensual to majoritarian democracy," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 32-45.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:ecogov:v:19:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10101-018-0208-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsJudicial review; Legislative bargaining; Supreme court;
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:86-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.