ADR mispricing: Do costly arbitrage and consumer sentiment explain the price deviation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Röell & Josef Zechner, 2002.
"The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2651-2694, December.
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Roell & Joseph Zechner, 1999. "The Geography of Equity Listing; Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CSEF Working Papers 28, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Sep 2001.
- Pagano, Marco & Röell, Ailsa A & Zechner, Josef, 2001. "The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rabinovitch, Ramon & Silva, Ana Cristina & Susmel, Raul, 2003. "Returns on ADRs and arbitrage in emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 225-247, September.
- Mark H. Lang & Karl V. Lins & Darius P. Miller, 2003. "ADRs, Analysts, and Accuracy: Does Cross Listing in the United States Improve a Firm's Information Environment and Increase Market Value?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 317-345, May.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Lucio Picci & Antonello E. Scorcu, 2000. "Saving, Growth, and Investment: A Macroeconomic Analysis Using a Panel of Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 182-211, May.
- Lee, Charles M C & Shleifer, Andrei & Thaler, Richard H, 1991.
" Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 75-109, March.
- Charles Lee & Andrei Shleifer & Richard Thaler, 1990. "Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 3465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Charles & Shleifer, Andrei & Thaler, Richard H., 1991. "Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle," Scholarly Articles 27693394, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Errunza, Vihang R. & Miller, Darius P., 2000. "Market Segmentation and the Cost of the Capital in International Equity Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(04), pages 577-600, December.
- Jansen, W. Jos & Nahuis, Niek J., 2003.
"The stock market and consumer confidence: European evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 89-98, April.
- W. Jos Jansen & Niek J. Nahuis, 2002. "The Stock Market and Consumer Confidence: European Evidence," MEB Series (discontinued) 2002-11, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
- Maria Ward Otoo, 1999. "Consumer sentiment and the stock market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Jeffrey Pontiff, 1996. "Costly Arbitrage: Evidence from Closed-End Funds," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1135-1151.
- Marc Simpson & Sanjay Ramchander, 2002. "Is differential sentiment a cause of closed-end country fund premia? An empirical examination of the Australian case," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(9), pages 615-619.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gagnon, Louis & Andrew Karolyi, G., 2010. "Multi-market trading and arbitrage," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 53-80, July.
- Chen, Jun & Tse, Yiuman & Williams, Michael, 2009. "Trading location and equity returns: Evidence from US trading of British cross-listed firms," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 729-741, December.
- Chen, Mei-ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsu, Yi-Chung, 2011.
"The impact of American depositary receipts on the Japanese index: Do industry effect and size effect matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 526-539, January.
- Chen, Mei-ping & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsu, Yi-Chung, 2011. "The impact of American depositary receipts on the Japanese index: Do industry effect and size effect matter?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 526-539.
- Omar Esqueda & Yongli Luo & Dave Jackson, 2015. "The linkage between the U.S. “fear index” and ADR premiums under non-frictionless stock markets," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(3), pages 541-556, July.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:21-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hales, Alma D. & Mollick, André V., 2014. "The impact of ADR activity on stock market liquidity: Evidence from Latin America," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 417-427.
- Dey, Malay K. & Wang, Chaoyan, 2012. "Return spread and liquidity: Evidence from Hong Kong ADRs," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 164-180.
- Demirer, Rıza & Kutan, Ali M. & Zhang, Huacheng, 2014. "Do ADR investors herd?: Evidence from advanced and emerging markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 138-148.
- Malay K. Dey & Chaoyan Wang, 2008. "Return Spread and Liquidity on Chinese ADRs," NFI Working Papers 2008-WP-09, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Wang, Xue & Yao, Lee J. & Fang, Victor, 2013. "Stock prices and the location of trade: Evidence from China-backed ADRs," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 677-688.
- Alsayed, Hamad & McGroarty, Frank, 2012. "Arbitrage and the Law of One Price in the market for American depository receipts," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 1258-1276.
- Chih-hsiang Hsu & Ming-sung Kao & Wei-pen Tsai, 2014. "Information Transmission between Dual Listed Stocks with Non-Overlapping Trading Hours," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 1733-1741.
- Akhtar, Shumi & Faff, Robert & Oliver, Barry & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2011. "The power of bad: The negativity bias in Australian consumer sentiment announcements on stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1239-1249, May.
- Grossmann, Axel & Simpson, Marc W., 2015. "Bid-ask spreads, deviations from PPP and the forward prediction error: The case of the British pound and the euro," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 124-139.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chang, Chi-Hung & Chen, Mei-Ping, 2015. "Industry co-movements of American depository receipts: Evidences from the copula approaches," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 301-314.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:42-43:y:2017:i::p:74-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beckmann, Klaus S. & Ngo, Thanh & Wang, Daphne, 2015. "The informational content of ADR mispricing," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 32, pages 1-14.
- Wang, Ming-Chieh, 2013. "Is there a reversal in the price discovery process under different market conditions? Evidence from Korean ADRs and their underlying foreign securities," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1160-1174.
- Omar Esqueda & Dave Jackson, 2012. "Currency depreciation effects on ADR returns: evidence from Latin America," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(3), pages 691-711, July.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:17:y:2007:i:4:p:361-371. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.