Risk concentration and diversification: Second-order properties
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Walden, Johan, 2007. "The limits of diversification when losses may be large," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2551-2569, August.
- Rustam Ibragimov & Dwight Jaffee & Johan Walden, 2009. "Nondiversification Traps in Catastrophe Insurance Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(3), pages 959-993, March.
- Degen, Matthias & Embrechts, Paul & Lambrigger, Dominik D., 2007. "The Quantitative Modeling of Operational Risk: Between G-and-H and EVT," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 265-291, November.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Rustam Ibragimov & Johan Walden, 2006. "The Limits of Diversification When Losses May Be Large," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2104, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Nadine Gatzert & Hato Schmeiser & Stefan Schuckmann, 2008. "Enterprise risk management in financial groups: analysis of risk concentration and default risk," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 22(3), pages 241-258, September.
- Omey, E. & Willekens, E., 1986. "Second order behaviour of the tail of a subordinated probability distribution," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 339-353, February.
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Walden, Johan, 2007. "The limits of diversification when losses may be large," Scholarly Articles 2624460, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Geluk, J. & de Haan, L. & Resnick, S. & Starica, C., 1997. "Second-order regular variation, convolution and the central limit theorem," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 139-159, September.
- Barbe, Philippe & Fougères, Anne-Laure & Genest, Christian, 2006. "On the Tail Behavior of Sums of Dependent Risks," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 361-373, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bikramjit Das & Marie Kratz, 2017. "Diversification benefits under multivariate second order regular variation," Working Papers hal-01520655, HAL.
- Hua, Lei & Joe, Harry, 2011. "Second order regular variation and conditional tail expectation of multiple risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 537-546.
- Tong, Bin & Wu, Chongfeng & Xu, Weidong, 2012. "Risk concentration of aggregated dependent risks: The second-order properties," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 139-149.
- Mao, Tiantian & Lv, Wenhua & Hu, Taizhong, 2012. "Second-order expansions of the risk concentration based on CTE," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 449-456.
- Lv, Wenhua & Pan, Xiaoqing & Hu, Taizhong, 2013. "Asymptotics of the risk concentration based on the tail distortion risk measure," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(12), pages 2703-2710.
- Peng, Zuoxiang & Liao, Xin, 2015. "Second-order asymptotics for convolution of distributions with light tails," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 199-208.
- repec:wsi:ijtafx:v:20:y:2017:i:05:n:s0219024917500327 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mao, Tiantian & Yang, Fan, 2015. "Risk concentration based on Expectiles for extreme risks under FGM copula," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 429-439.
- Guillén, Montserrat & Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino, 2013. "Simple risk measure calculations for sums of positive random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 273-280.
More about this item
KeywordsIE43 Diversification Second-order regular variation Second-order subexponentiality Subadditivity Value-at-Risk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:46:y:2010:i:3:p:541-546. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.