Nondiversification Traps in Catastrophe Insurance Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chollete, Lorán & de la Peña, Victor & Lu, Ching-Chih, 2012. "International diversification: An extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 871-885.
- Ben Ammar, Semir & Eling, Martin & Milidonis, Andreas, 2015. "Asset Pricing of Financial Insitutions: The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns in the Property/Liability Insurance Industry," Working Papers on Finance 1516, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Tito Cordella & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2015.
"CATalytic insurance: the case of natural disasters,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 31(3-4), pages 330-349.
- Cordella, Tito & Yeyati, Eduardo Levy, 2010. "CATalytic insurance : the case of natural disasters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5377, The World Bank.
- Cordella, Tito & Yeyati, Eduardo Levy, 2015. "CATalytic Insurance: The Case of Natural Disasters," Working Paper Series 15-055, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Tito Cordella & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2015. "CATalytic Insurance: The Case for Natural Disasters," CID Working Papers 301, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:42:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41288-016-0004-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Yang-Che, 2015. "Reexamining the feasibility of diversification and transfer instruments on smoothing catastrophe risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 54-66.
- Han, Heejoon & Linton, Oliver & Oka, Tatsushi & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2016.
"The cross-quantilogram: Measuring quantile dependence and testing directional predictability between time series,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 193(1), pages 251-270.
- Heejoon Han & Oliver Linton & Tatsushi Oka & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2014. "The cross-quantilogram: measuring quantile dependence and testing directional predictability between time series," CeMMAP working papers CWP06/14, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Heejoon Han & Oliver Linton & Tatsushi Oka & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2014. "The Cross-Quantilogram: Measuring Quantile Dependence and Testing Directional Predictability between Time Series," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1452, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Rustam Ibragimov & Marat Ibragimov & Rufat Khamidov, 2010. "Measuring Inequality in CIS Countries: Theory and Empirics," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 88, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Radoslav Raykov, 2015. "Catastrophe insurance equilibrium with correlated claims," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 78(1), pages 89-115, January.
- Daniel Bauer & George Zanjani, 2016. "The Marginal Cost of Risk, Risk Measures, and Capital Allocation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(5), pages 1431-1457, May.
- Upreti, Vineet & Adams, Mike, 2015. "The strategic role of reinsurance in the United Kingdom’s (UK) non-life insurance market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 206-219.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:96:y:2018:i:c:p:292-321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ibragimov, Rustam & Jaffee, Dwight & Walden, Johan, 2011. "Diversification disasters," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 333-348, February.
- Gabaix, Xavier & Laibson, David & Li, Deyuan & Li, Hongyi & Resnick, Sidney & de Vries, Casper G., 2016.
"The impact of competition on prices with numerous firms,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 1-24.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson & Deyuan Li & Hongyi Li & Sidney Resnick & Casper G. de Vries, 2013. "The Impact of Competition on Prices with Numerous Firms," Working Papers 13-07, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Sio Chong U & Jacky So & Deng Ding & Lihong Liu, 2016. "An efficient Fourier expansion method for the calculation of value-at-risk: Contributions of extra-ordinary risks," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(01), pages 1-27, March.
- Matthias Degen & Dominik D. Lambrigger & Johan Segers, 2009. "Risk Concentration and Diversification: Second-Order Properties," Papers 0910.2367, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2009.
- Mensah, Jones Odei & Premaratne, Gamini, 2014. "Dependence patterns among Banking Sectors in Asia: A Copula Approach," MPRA Paper 60119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ibragimov, Marat & Ibragimov, Rustam & Kattuman, Paul, 2013. "Emerging markets and heavy tails," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2546-2559.
- Degen, Matthias & Lambrigger, Dominik D. & Segers, Johan, 2010. "Risk concentration and diversification: Second-order properties," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 541-546, June.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:43:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41288-017-0075-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rfinst:v:22:y:2009:i:3:p:959-993. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.