Actuarial comparisons for aggregate claims with randomly right-truncated claims
In this note, we consider an extension of the largest claims reinsurance treaty (LCR) with random upper thresholds for the claim sizes, that we call retention levels. The Laplace transform order for insurer's aggregate claims is obtained assuming dependence among the random retention levels. Different results about the influence of dependence on the insurer total claim amount are also given including the connections with LCR and the case of combination with quota-share. Algebraic bounds for the insurer aggregate claims are obtained when a common fixed threshold is considered.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dhaene, Jan & Denuit, Michel, 1999. "The safest dependence structure among risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 11-21, September.
- Moshe Shaked & J. Shanthikumar, 1990. "Parametric stochastic convexity and concavity of stochastic processes," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 509-531, September.
- Ladoucette, Sophie A. & Teugels, Jef L., 2006. "Analysis of risk measures for reinsurance layers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 630-639, June.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Cramer, E. & Kamps, U., 2001. "Bounds for means and variances of progressive type II censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 301-315, October.
- Müller, Alfred & Scarsini, Marco, 2005.
"Archimedean copulæ and positive dependence,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 434-445, April.
- Belzunce, Felix & Ortega, Eva-Maria & Ruiz, Jose M., 2007. "On non-monotonic ageing properties from the Laplace transform, with actuarial applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Denuit, Michel, 2001. "Laplace transform ordering of actuarial quantities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 83-102, August.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Müller, Alfred & Scarsini, Marco, 2000. "Some Remarks on the Supermodular Order," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 107-119, April.
- Christofides, Tasos C. & Vaggelatou, Eutichia, 2004. "A connection between supermodular ordering and positive/negative association," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 138-151, January.
- Burdett, Kenneth, 1996. "Truncated means and variances," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 263-267, September.
- Wei, Gang & Hu, Taizhong, 2002. "Supermodular dependence ordering on a class of multivariate copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 375-385, May.
- Caraux, G. & Gascuel, O., 1992. "Bounds on distribution functions of order statistics for dependent variates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 103-105, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:43:y:2008:i:2:p:255-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.