Actuarial comparisons for aggregate claims with randomly right-truncated claims
In this note, we consider an extension of the largest claims reinsurance treaty (LCR) with random upper thresholds for the claim sizes, that we call retention levels. The Laplace transform order for insurer's aggregate claims is obtained assuming dependence among the random retention levels. Different results about the influence of dependence on the insurer total claim amount are also given including the connections with LCR and the case of combination with quota-share. Algebraic bounds for the insurer aggregate claims are obtained when a common fixed threshold is considered.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Straub, E., 1971. "Application of Reliability Theory to Insurance," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 97-107, December.
- Denuit, Michel, 1999. "The Exponential Premium Calculation Principle Revisited," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(02), pages 215-226, November.
- Burdett, Kenneth, 1996. "Truncated means and variances," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 263-267, September.
- Alfred Müller & Marco Scarsini, 2003.
"Archimedean Copulae and Positive Dependence,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
25-2003, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Belzunce, Felix & Ortega, Eva-Maria & Ruiz, Jose M., 2007. "On non-monotonic ageing properties from the Laplace transform, with actuarial applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Ladoucette, Sophie A. & Teugels, Jef L., 2006. "Analysis of risk measures for reinsurance layers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 630-639, June.
- Kremer, Erhard, 1998. "Largest Claims Reinsurance Premiums under Possible Claims Dependence," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 257-267, November.
- Dhaene, Jan & Denuit, Michel, 1999. "The safest dependence structure among risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 11-21, September.
- Wei, Gang & Hu, Taizhong, 2002. "Supermodular dependence ordering on a class of multivariate copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 375-385, May.
- Gerber, Hans U., 1974. "On Additive Premium Calculation Principles," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 215-222, March.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Marco Scarsini & Alfred Muller, 2000.
"Some remarks on the supermodular order,"
- Christofides, Tasos C. & Vaggelatou, Eutichia, 2004. "A connection between supermodular ordering and positive/negative association," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 138-151, January.
- Moshe Shaked & J. Shanthikumar, 1990. "Parametric stochastic convexity and concavity of stochastic processes," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 42(3), pages 509-531, September.
- Caraux, G. & Gascuel, O., 1992. "Bounds on distribution functions of order statistics for dependent variates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 103-105, May.
- Balakrishnan, N. & Cramer, E. & Kamps, U., 2001. "Bounds for means and variances of progressive type II censored order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 301-315, October.
- Denuit, Michel, 2001. "Laplace transform ordering of actuarial quantities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 83-102, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:43:y:2008:i:2:p:255-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.