On the distribution tail of an integrated risk model: A numerical approach
We consider an insurance risk process with the possibility to invest the capital reserve into a portfolio consisting of a risky asset and a riskless asset. The stock price is modelled by an exponential Lévy process and the riskless interest rate is assumed to be constant. We aim at the risk assessment of the integrated risk process in terms of a high quantile or the far out distribution tail. We indicate an application to an optimal investment strategy of an insurer.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anna Frolova & Serguei Pergamenshchikov & Yuri Kabanov, 2002. "In the insurance business risky investments are dangerous," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 227-235.
- Basak, Suleyman & Shapiro, Alexander, 2001.
"Value-at-Risk-Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 371-405.
- Suleyman Basak & Alex Shapiro, "undated". "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 6-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Suleyman Basak & Alexander Shapiro, 1999. "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-032, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Suleyman Basak & Alex Shapiro, "undated". "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 06-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Susanne Emmer & Claudia Klüppelberg, 2004. "Optimal portfolios when stock prices follow an exponential Lévy process," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 17-44, January.
- Susanne Emmer & Claudia Klüppelberg & Ralf Korn, 2001. "Optimal Portfolios with Bounded Capital at Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 365-384. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:42:y:2008:i:1:p:101-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.