Hume's specie-flow mechanism and classical monetary theory: An alternative interpretation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berdell, J F, 1995. "The Present Relevance of Hume's Open-Economy Monetary Dynamics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(432), pages 1205-1217, September.
- Cesarano, Filippo, 1983. "The Rational Expectations Hypothesis in Retrospect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 198-203, March.
- Dietrich K. Fausten, 1979. "The Humean Origin of the Contemporary Monetary Approach to the Balance of Payments," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 655-673.
- Johnson, Harry G., 1972. "The Monetary Approach to Balance-of-Payments Theory," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 1555-1572, March.
- Cesarano, Filippo, 1998. "Expectations and Monetary Policy: A Historical Perspective," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(4), pages 439-452, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margaret Schabas & Carl Wennerlind, 2011. "Retrospectives: Hume on Money, Commerce, and the Science of Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 217-230, Summer.
- Thomas M. Humphrey, 2003. "Classical deflation theory," Working Paper 03-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Romain M Veyrune, 2007. "Fixed Exchange Rates and the Autonomy of Monetary Policy; The Franc Zone Case," IMF Working Papers 07/34, International Monetary Fund.
- Laurent Le Maux, 2014.
"Cantillon And Hume On Money And Banking: The Foundations Of Two Theoretical Traditions,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 956-970, December.
- Laurent Le Maux, 2014. "Cantillon And Hume On Money And Banking: The Foundations Of Two Theoretical Traditions," Post-Print hal-01397052, HAL.
- Filippo Cesarano, 2006. "Optimum currency areas: a policy view," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(239), pages 317-332.
- Filippo Cesarano, 2006. "Optimum currency areas: a policy view," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(239), pages 317-332.
- Kim Kyung-Soo & Lee Jaewoo, 2001. "Asset Price And Current Account Dynamics," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 85-108.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:45:y:1998:i:1:p:173-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.