Modelling firms propensity to continue service exporting: a cross-country analysis
The pivotal role of services in international business is now receiving widespread recognition. Furthermore, the global marketplace is being increasingly characterised by the speed and ease with which such services cross national boundaries. This exploratory study of Australian and Dutch service exporters provides, for the first time, an understanding of the factors that stimulate such exporters to continue on the internationalisation path. Our results confirm that the level of satisfaction/dissatisfaction with recent past export efforts, export revenue as a percentage of total sales (a measure of export commitment), as well as other more traditional motives for exporting, do explain a reasonable proportion of the variance in propensity to continue exporting. However, some interesting variations emerged between Australian and Dutch firms in their motives to continue exporting.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 8 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erramilli, M. Krishna, 1992. "Influence of some external and internal environmental factors on foreign market entry mode choice in service firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 263-276, December.
- Vern Terpstra & Chwo-Ming Yu, 1988. "Determinants of Foreign Investment of U.S. Advertising Agencies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(1), pages 33-46, March.
- André Sapir, 1982. "Trade in services: policy issues for the eighties," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8282, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 1984. "Differences among exporting firms based on their degree of internationalization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 195-208, June.
- Otto Andersen, 1993. "On the Internationalization Process of Firms: A Critical Analysis," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(2), pages 209-231, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:8:y:1999:i:3:p:351-365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.